Greenland Discovery Attracts Global Media Attention
UVM scientist Drew Christ was stunned to find not just rocks—but ancient plants—under his microscope when he was looking at a long-lost sample from the bottom of the Greenland ice sheet.
This surprise discovery started when a Cold-War-era ice core was rediscovered—after decades of being lost in a Danish freezer. This Hollywood-worthy story led Christ, and UVM professor Paul Bierman, to...
Take Notes, America: Grocery Store “Happy Hour” Reduces Food Waste
Looking to reduce food waste? So is a grocery store in Helsinki, Finland experimenting with a discount food “Happy Hour,” reports the New York Times.
Christmas-Morning Joy, From a Walk in the Park
Visitors to urban parks use happier words and express less negativity on Twitter than they did before their visit, finds new UVM research in The Economist,
- Why Detroit Residents Turn Down Free Trees
- Prof. Roman Defends Endangered Species Act in New York Times
- In Developing Countries, Living Near Forests Improves Kids' Diets
- From Weed to Crop: Farmers Plant Milkweed for Butterflies
- Climate Change to Bring More, Hungrier Crop-Destroying Insects
- Mandatory Labels Reduce GMO Food Opposition
- Americans Waste Nearly a Pound of Food Daily
- Feed the World: Scientists Have a Plan to Save Chickpeas from Destruction
- Global Warming a Buzzkill for Coffee Lovers
- Amazon Deforestation from Mining
- 1 of 5
- next ›