In a time of unprecedented rainfall and flooding throughout Vermont in July 2023, the University of Vermont’s (UVM) Office of Research in collaboration the Gund Institute for Environment issued a call for proposals for rapid deployment of UVM researchers to engage in flood-related research activities that would contribute to...
UVM scientist Drew Christ was stunned to find not just rocks—but ancient plants—under his microscope when he was looking at a long-lost sample from the bottom of the Greenland ice sheet.
Looking to reduce food waste? So is a grocery store in Helsinki, Finland experimenting with a discount food “Happy Hour,” reports the New York Times.
- Christmas-Morning Joy, From a Walk in the Park
- Why Detroit Residents Turn Down Free Trees
- Prof. Roman Defends Endangered Species Act in New York Times
- In Developing Countries, Living Near Forests Improves Kids' Diets
- From Weed to Crop: Farmers Plant Milkweed for Butterflies
- Climate Change to Bring More, Hungrier Crop-Destroying Insects
- Mandatory Labels Reduce GMO Food Opposition
- Americans Waste Nearly a Pound of Food Daily
- Feed the World: Scientists Have a Plan to Save Chickpeas from Destruction
- Global Warming a Buzzkill for Coffee Lovers
- 1 of 5
- next ›