In a time of unprecedented rainfall and flooding throughout Vermont in July 2023, the University of Vermont’s (UVM) Office of Research in collaboration the Gund Institute for Environment issued a call for proposals for rapid deployment of UVM researchers to engage in flood-related research activities that would contribute to...
UVM scientist Drew Christ was stunned to find not just rocks—but ancient plants—under his microscope when he was looking at a long-lost sample from the bottom of the Greenland ice sheet.
Looking to reduce food waste? So is a grocery store in Helsinki, Finland experimenting with a discount food “Happy Hour,” reports the New York Times.
- Amazon Deforestation from Mining
- Your Instagram Posts May Hold Clues to Your Mental Health
- Reboot Gitmo For Science
- How Whales Benefit the Environment
- Can We Eat Invasive Species into Submission?
- Vermont Researchers Speed Up Tree Aging Process To Create Old Growth
- Waking the Sleeping Giant
- ‘Last frontiers of wilderness’: Intact forest plummets globally
- Racial Disparities in Vermont Traffic Policing
- Elephant Poaching Costs Africa $25M Per Year