A study in Nature Communications, led by UVM Professor Eric Bishop von Wettberg, demonstrated a promising approach for how to improve the genetics of one of the world's most important and imperiled crops: chickpeas, the primary source of protein for 20 percent of the world's population.
- Elephant Poaching Costs Africa $25M Per Year
- Would You Live in a Wood Skyscraper?
- Drugs in the Water? Don’t Blame Students
- Save The Environment, Eat Invasive Species
- Price of Beauty? For Lake Champlain, it’s $17M Per Meter
- Whale Poop and Invasive Species
- Racial Disparities in Police Traffic Stops
- ‘Reality Check’ For Climate Deal
- Eat The Invaders!
- The Economic Case For Divestment