Apply Now for Gund Catalyst Awards
Gund Catalyst Awards increase collaborative research at UVM, while advancing our mission: To mobilize scholars and decision makers to understand and tackle critical environmental problems.
Funded proposals address environmental issues at the interface of two or more Gund research themes: climate solutions, sustainable agriculture, health and well-being, resilient communities, and equity and justice.
- Awards can range from $10,000 to $200,000
- Proposals can include funding requests for a postdoctoral researcher (new)
- Proposal deadline: October 13, 2021
- We anticipate funding 2-3 awards
This RFP is the first of multiple Fall 2021 funding opportunities and events seeking to bolster transdisciplinary research on environmental justice and equity, a new Gund research theme.
Successful proposals combine cutting-edge research and scholarship, real-world engagement and impact, and the promise to grow and attract greater support and recognition.
In four years, Gund Catalyst Awards have issued over $800,000 in support for 20 UVM interdisciplinary teams. These projects have advanced research solutions for urgent environmental issues, and generated over $9M in external grants.
Eligibility and Requirements
How to Apply
Proposals will be accepted through the InfoReady Review Portal until 11:59 pm EDT October 13, 2021.
Required files to upload include:
- Project proposal (see RFP for instructions)
- Budget (use template provided in InfoReady)
- Collaborators list (use template provided in InfoReady)
- 2-page CVs for PI, Co-PI (if applicable) and each investigator
- Completed signature page indicating support from the Chair and Dean of PI and Co-PI (if applicable)
See full details and instructions in InfoReady.