Rethinking Economics UVM Inaugural Event Brings Together Five Diverse UVM Economists
Rethinking Economics UVM, a new club promoting diverse and open-minded approaches to teaching economics on campus, held its first event in the Davis Center Silver Maple Ballroom in late February 2023. The event brought together five professors with a diversity of economic thought across the University of Vermont (UVM) to discuss how to best address an array of society’s most pressing social...
Vermont’s Food Waste Laws are Popular, But Vexing Issues Remain
Vermonters largely support laws on food scraps and single-use plastics, but some are confused about composting rules, and frustrated with the state’s inability to compost biodegradable containers and tableware.
New Vermont ‘Bee Team’ to Tackle Pollinator Threats
A new Vermont Pollinator Working Group will protect bees and other pollinators by targeting harmful pesticide use, while helping Vermont farmers to get to know the pollinators buzzing around their crops.
- Gund Institute Names 2023 Catalyst Award Winners
- UVM Researchers Unpack the Complexity of Snow in Vermont
- Meredith Niles to Lead Gund Institute as Acting Director
- Making a Better University: A New Guide to Relevance and Impact
- UVM’s Gund Institute for Environment Bolstered by Support from Donors and Founding Family
- Professor Dupigny-Giroux Appointed to National Academies Board on Atmospheric Sciences and Climate
- Americans Are Flocking to Wildfire: U.S. Migration Study
- Save the Economy, Save the Planet: Sustainability Expert
- Eric Zencey Prize in Ecological Economics Awarded to Tim Jackson’s ‘Post Growth’
- UVM Student Project Seeks to Diversify STEM
- 1 of 87
- next ›