Accounts Payable is responsible for the payment of goods and services to suppliers as well as reimbursements to individuals for costs incurred as part of University business. Accounts Payable services are provided by University Financial Services' Disbursement Center, located at 23 Mansfield Avenue, Burlington, VT.

AP services include:

  • creating /maintaining suppliers
  • entering invoices and check requests
  • producing check, ACH, and wire payments
  • IRS 1099-Misc reporting
  • reviewing supplier statements

US Bank Payment Plus partnership

The University of Vermont recently launched Payment Plus, an accounts payable solution that pays suppliers via automated Visa card payments. Our goal for this initiative is to provide better customer service to our suppliers by providing:

  • Accelerated payment and improved cash flow
  • Reduced paperwork and streamlined accounts receivables process
  • Real-time notifications for each card payment
  • Complete remittance detail to support efficient receivables posting
  • No changes or modifications to existing card acceptance procedures

As our purchasing card provider, US Bank will contact suppliers directly to discuss, and assist suppliers with enrolling in the program.

If you have any questions, or receive inquiries from one of your suppliers, please email or see these FAQs (PDF).

Check Request Process Change

In an effort to save paper and improve our procedures, the Disbursement Center is now accepting check requests through secure file transfer.

Follow these steps:

  1. Log in to File Transfer Service using your netID credentials
  2. Click the Share files icon
  3. Send To:
  4. Subject: Include "Check Request" and the supplier's name
  5. Attach the completed Check Request (Excel) form
  6. Click the Share files icon

Please DO NOT send originals to Disbursement if you have sent a file transfer. This could result in duplicate payments.

Contact us if you have questions.

NOTE: Original paper copies of check requests and supporting documents for foreign suppliers should still be routed to Tax Administration at 237 Waterman. Do NOT send to Disburment or file transfer. Thank you.

Important Reminders

  • Reimbursements must have itemized receipts included with the payment request in order to be exempt from 1099-Misc reporting.
  • If an individual needs to be paid by UVM for goods or services, please do not pay the individual personally and submit for reimbursement through Travel and Expense. These types of payments are IRS 1099-MISC reportable. The Disbursement Center must collect supplier information, including their federal taxpayer identification information.
  • Departments/projects needing to pay more than 15 subjects on a check request should contact the Disbursement Center to arrange a spreadsheet upload into PeopleSoft instead of sending separate check request forms.
  • Requests for reimbursement for non-employee travel expenses are due within 60 days of travel and must follow UVM’s Travel Policy (PDF).