As you may know, the University of Vermont is limiting student and business functions by decreasing individuals allowed on campus. As such, the procure-to-pay essential functions are being maintained by a reduced staff. Our response time to supplier requests and inquiries may increase during this timeframe and we thank you for your patience in advance.
As stated previously there are simple steps you can take to help us get your payments to you:
- In order to ensure your payment during this time, we ask all of our suppliers to engage in invoicing the University electronically, by sending PDFs directly to the Disbursement Center Accounts Payable team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you currently send paper invoices to individual departments, we ask you to remit PDF versions to those departments for processing.
- Signing up for an ACH payment (Word) will ensure you receive payments from the University if you electronically send us your invoices as well. This form should be sent to the Disbursement Center via secure file transfer to email@example.com.
For those suppliers who are not signed up for ACH payments and are invoicing us electronically and would like to receive a paper check as form of payment, please be advised there will be a delay in producing and mailing paper checks until the University returns to normal operations.
If you have a scheduled delivery, product installation, or a regular maintenance service call on campus, please be sure to contact the originating department in advance to confirm someone will be available and the office building will be accessible.
Accounts Payable is responsible for the payment of goods and services to suppliers as well as reimbursements to individuals for costs incurred as part of University business. Accounts Payable services are provided by University Financial Services' Disbursement Center, located at 23 Mansfield Avenue, Burlington, VT.
AP services include:
- creating /maintaining suppliers
- entering invoices and check requests
- producing check, ACH, and wire payments
- IRS 1099-Misc reporting
- reviewing supplier statements