If you are submitting:
- An invoice or have a question with regard to status of an invoice or payment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A non-foreign check request, W-9 or ACH, please send via secure file transfer to email@example.com
If you have a question about a foreign check request or Employee vs. Independent Contractor determination, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance with:
- Travel and expense reimbursement, please email email@example.com
- PurCard issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check-printing schedule update (as of 9/3/21)
As we move forward with the re-opening of campus and conducting business in-person on a more regular basis, the Disbursement Center has moved check printing from Fridays to Thursdays.
- Since PeopleSoft Finance updates are regularly on Thursday evenings, this proactive step will allow for a smooth check production, even in the unlikely event of any hiccups Friday morning.
- This will also allow staff to take the coveted Friday off for a long weekend, without the responsibility of either producing or picking up checks.
- If there is a problem with check production on Thursday, we still have an additional workday to produce payments and get them mailed before the weekend.
As the Disbursement Center has more staff working on premises, the check pick-up times will be more flexible.
Help us help you with procure-to-pay essential functions
As you may know, the University of Vermont is limiting student and business functions by decreasing individuals allowed on campus. As such, the procure-to-pay essential functions are being maintained by a reduced staff. Our response time to supplier requests and inquiries may increase during this timeframe and we thank you for your patience in advance.
As stated previously there are simple steps you can take to help us get your payments to you:
- In order to ensure your payment during this time, we ask all of our suppliers to engage in invoicing the University electronically, by sending PDFs directly to the Disbursement Center Accounts Payable team at email@example.com. If you currently send paper invoices to individual departments, we ask you to remit PDF versions to those departments for processing.
- Signing up for an ACH payment (Word) will ensure you receive payments from the University if you electronically send us your invoices as well. This form should be sent to the Disbursement Center via secure file transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those suppliers who are not signed up for ACH payments and are invoicing us electronically and would like to receive a paper check as form of payment, please be advised there will be a delay in producing and mailing paper checks until the University returns to normal operations.
If you have a scheduled delivery, product installation, or a regular maintenance service call on campus, please be sure to contact the originating department in advance to confirm someone will be available and the office building will be accessible.
Accounts Payable is responsible for the payment of goods and services to suppliers as well as reimbursements to individuals for costs incurred as part of University business. Accounts Payable services are provided by University Financial Services' Disbursement Center, located at 205 Waterman, Burlington, VT.
AP services include:
- creating /maintaining supplier accounts
- entering invoices and check requests
- producing check, ACH, and wire payments
- IRS 1099-Misc reporting
- reviewing supplier statements