- Creates incentives that promote academic quality and excellence
- Creates incentives at all levels of the University that promote financial sustainability
- Encourages innovation and entrepreneurship throughout the University
- Provides transparency, clarity, and predictability
- Can be easily understood, is easy to implement and operate, and is flexible
- Can operate in all cycles of the economy, whether robust or downturn
- Fosters interdisciplinary scholarly and teaching activity
UVM's IBB model went live in FY16. The IBB Steering Committee continues to meet to assess the model’s performance and impact. All reports, data, and manuals can be found on our secure SharePoint site (UVM faculty/staff authentication required).