Register for Employee vs. Independent Contractor policy/procedure training
2018 Calendar Year-End Notices
- Gift cards are considered a taxable item for the recipient. Please report all gift cards to Payroll & Tax Services by December 5th so they can be included on the individual’s W2s. If you miss the December 5th deadline, you run the risk of your employee needing an updated W2.
- Holiday and Winter Break Payroll Office Hours:
- Open 12/17 – 12/21/18 from 8am - 12:30pm and 1:30 - 4:30pm.
- Closed 12/22/18 – 1/1/19
- Bi-Weekly payroll paper checks for 12/21/2018 issue date can be picked up 12/21/18 and direct deposits will occur on the same date.
- Semi-Monthly payroll paper checks for 12/28/18 can be picked up 12/21/18 but cannot be cashed or deposited until 12/28/18. For those receiving direct deposit, this will occur on 12/28/2018.
- We encourage all new hires to sign up for direct deposit at their earliest convenience to ensure they are not issued a paper check over the winter break.
- Review your W-4 elections, home address and sign up to receive your W-2 electronically in People Soft Self Service during early December. You will receive your W-2-year end tax information more quickly and securely if you consent to receive your W-2 electronically.