Payroll Fiscal Year Crossover for “supersedes budget” ePARs
Note: Payroll defines “supersedes budget” as an individual whose data was not included in the Axiom pull from HCM or who has had a pay change since the data pull which will result in an inaccurate rate of pay in Job Data when 7/1 rows are added to HCM.
- FY23 ePARs are not needed for new hires (hired after 3/31/22) as Payroll is running a query looking for missing distributions and will add a corresponding job data row and a FY23 distribution row using FY22 information (unless they are receiving a FY23 increase – see below)
- FY23 ePARs are needed for new staff members hired after 3/31/22 who are receiving a salary increase 7/1. Please indicate “Supersedes Budget” in the comments section of the ePAR.
- FY23 ePARs are needed for any 7/1 pay-related changes (for example FTE, off-cycle change in duties, reclassification, etc.) that occurred after the Axiom data pull from HCM on 3/31/22. If an ePAR is required due to the changes listed above, please indicate “Supersedes Budget” in the comments section of the ePAR.
- Important note that the budget-build process and the 7/1 Job Data rows are not to be used to circumvent ePAR actions that require workflow approval such as but not limited to promotions.
See more fiscal-year-end information.
PeopleSoft Self-Service now has the ability to notify payroll and tax electronically of work being done outside of Vermont. Once logged into PeopleSoft Human Resources, go to the UVM Employee screen and select the Payroll and Tax tile. Once there employees will see a link on the left side of the screen connecting them with the Out-of-State Form. See the User Guide (PDF) for further instructions.
Important information for Supervisors of student and work-study employees
- Self-service functionality is not available in PeopleSoft until the day after an employee’s hire date. To expedite the process of initiating direct deposit for students, Payroll will email student and work study hires/rehires a paper direct deposit form. Students may sign up for direct deposit in PeopleSoft Self Service the day after their hire date OR alternatively they may return the direct deposit form via Secure File Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payroll will hold in-person paper check pick-up for local and on-campus students at the Student Services desk, Waterman 3rd floor from 8am-4:30pm on September 11, 25 and October 9. This will ensure proper social distancing during the time of year when student hiring is at its peak. Students working remotely will have their first checks mailed home.
- If direct deposit is not in place after a student’s first paycheck, the student’s time sheet will be inactivated, and the student will not be allowed to work until they have met the direct deposit requirement. Both student and supervisor will be notified via email if this action is taken and what steps to take to remedy the situation.
Your assistance in this endeavor is both appreciated and expected. This will ensure the safety of our students and staff while providing an earth-friendly financial savings to the University. If you have questions please email email@example.com.
The University's payroll for UVM faculty, staff, and student employees is managed and issued in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations by the University Financial Services' (UFS) Payroll & Tax Services team.
We support employees in navigating the payroll process, implement and ensure the minimum wage standard within PeopleSoft, monitor time submission and approvals for non-exempt employees to ensure compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act, and process overtime and comp time exceptions accurately and timely.
Visit Tax Services for information on unrelated business income tax, payments to foreign nationals, and other tax-related topics.