User guides are step-by-step documents designed to guide individuals through completing a task or activity on their own without attending training, or as a reference to remind the user of steps necessary to complete a task.
Accounting & Reporting
- Accounting Tags replaced speedtypes in March 2019.
- Available PeopleSoft Reports and Queries (PDF): Financials & HR
- Chart of Accounts (COA) (PDF): Explanation of the structure and segments of UVM's COA.
- Chartfield Values: Excel spreadsheets listing each of the PeopleSoft chartfield values recognized at UVM.
- Combo Codes (PDF): The PeopleSoft Human Resources system uses combo codes to represent the chartstring, rather than typing out each individual chartfield value. Each combo code is associated with a distinct chartstring.
- External Billing (Invoicing) of Non-Sponsored Customers (PDF): The PeopleSoft External Billing system allows users to send bills to entities (not individuals) outside UVM. University departments must be established within PeopleSoft as a Business Unit to bill customers.
- Financial Reporting - Axiom
- Financial Reporting - PeopleSoft
- Basic Financial Reports (PDF): Covers the standard monthly reports for business managers. It includes Operating Budget Report, Monthly Budget Report of Projects and Closeout Report.
- Commitment Control Reports (PDF): Covers in-depth reporting options that draw on data from the budget ledgers. It includes Budget Status Report, Budgets Overview Inquiry and Budget Transaction Detail Report.
- General Ledger Reports (PDF): Covers in-depth reporting options that draw on data from the General Ledger. It includes Trial Balance Report, Ledger Inquiry Report and Ledger Activity Report.
- Gift & Endowment Report (PDF): Covers the PeopleSoft Endowment & Gift report for funds 310, 311, 320, 321, 370, and 371.
- Find a Deposit (PDF): How to find deposits quickly and efficiently with an ID number, or without an ID
- Journal Entries (PDF): Journals are entries made to the PeopleSoft General Ledger to redistribute or reallocate money from one budget line to another.
- Monthly Business Processes (PDF): A guide for financial business managers to complete monthly processes in both PeopleSoft Financials and Human Resources, including month-end close.
- Non-Sponsored Projects (PDF): How to set up a non-sponsored project in PeopleSoft financials. Nonsponsored projects are any projects that are not grant-funded.
- Running Reports and Queries (PDF): PeopleSoft stores and processes large amounts of data related to UVM, its people, and its finances. Users are able to employ that data in practical ways by running Reports, Queries and Inquiries. This user guide offers the ability to learn more about what the database has to offer and provides instructions to make accessing data easy.
- Spreadsheet Journal Upload: A PeopleSoft-delivered Excel spreadsheet with built-in macros to load a journal into PeopleSoft Financials where it can be edited, submitted, and posted.
- Spreadsheet Journal Upload User Guide (PDF)
- Compressed Folder for Spreadsheet Journal Upload Process (.zip): See the Spreadsheet Journal Upload User Guide (PDF) for details about downloading and using these files.
- Year-end (PDF): A comprehensive guide to key year-end processes.
- Axiom Log-in Instructions (PDF)
- Single-Year Line Item Budgeting (Axiom)
- Single-Year Salary Planning (Axiom)
- Training Presentation (PDF)
- User Guide (PDF)
- Video Tutorial - Introduction (MP4, 6:00 mins)
- Video Tutorial - Salary Increases (MP4, 7:05 mins)
- Video Tutorial - Salary Distributions (MP4, 7:00 mins)
- Video Tutorial - Other Functionality (MP4, 6:51 mins)
- Video Tutorial - Diagnostics & Reports (MP4, 10:58 mins)
- Multi-Year Salary Planning (Axiom)
- Budget Transfers (PDF): Activate a new chartstring or move money between budgets
Effort Reporting System (ERS)
ERS Committed Effort Module (CEM)
ERS Certification Module (CERT)
Human Resources & ePAR
- Update Personal Information (PDF)
- Update Dependent SSN & 1095C (PDF)
- Registering for Professional Development (PDF)
- Tuition Remission (Dependent Certification) (PDF)
- Screens & Processes for Business Managers (PDF)
- Managing Work-Study Students (PDF)
- Sick Leave/Disability Pay Processing (PDF)
- Processing Graduate Student Paperwork (PDF)
Payroll, Additional Pay, Retros & Salary Distribution, Time Entry & Approval
- Additional Pay, Retros, Salary Distribution - Used to process payment in prescribed circumstances within University policies, handbooks and collective bargaining agreements
- Time Entry & Approval
- Approve/Enter/Report Salaried Nonexempt Time (PDF): How to approve time and view time and time balances in PeopleSoft for salaried non-exempt staff.
- Approve/Enter/Report Salaried Exempt Time (PDF): How to approve time, view exception time and exception time balances in PeopleSoft for salaried exempt staff.
- Approve/Enter/Report Wage Time (PDF)
- Enter/View Exempt Time (PDF)
- Enter/View Salaried, Nonexempt Time (PDF)
- Enter/View Wage Time (PDF)
PeopleSoft Info & Tips
- Browser Tips (PDF): Solutions to common browser issues that may arise when working in PeopleSoft
- DUO Multi-factor Authentication: security measure required to access PeopleSoft modules
- PeopleSoft Financials UVM Business Manager WorkCenter (PDF): The Business Manager WorkCenter allows Financials users to access their most commonly used pages, processes, reports, and queries in a single location.
- PeopleSoft Financials Flowchart (PDF)
- PeopleSoft Glossary (PDF)
- PeopleSoft Tips (PDF): Tips on navigating and working more efficiently in PeopleSoft. Most of the tips and tricks in this document apply to both the Human Resources and Financial sides of PeopleSoft, with the exception of Journal Tips.
Requisitions, Accounts Payable, & PurCard
- Pre-Paid Transactions (PDF): How to reconcile purchase/payments from the previous fiscal year.
- PurCard Reallocation Process (PDF): The primary mechanism for expense allocation of purchasing card transactions is the PeopleSoft PurCard Reallocation process.
- Requisitions, Purchase Orders, and Reviewing Payment Information (PDF): How to create and manage requisitions.
Space & Movable Equipment
Travel & Expense
For Disbursement Center Full-Service Users
For Disbursement Center Full-Service Users who Approve in PeopleSoft
- Authorize Travel and Cash Advances (PDF)
- Submit Employee Expense Reimbursements (PDF)
- Approve Travel Authorizations, Cash Advances, and Expense Reports (PDF)
For PeopleSoft Users
- Travel Authorizations (PDF): Detailed instructions on how to request a Travel Authorization for both UVM employees and their delegates.
- Video tutorial - Create a Travel Authorization (MP4) (1.13 minutes)
- Cash Advances (PDF): Detailed instructions on how to complete a Cash Advance for both UVM employees and their delegates.
- Video tutorial - Cash Advance (MP4) (52 seconds)
- Expense Reports (PDF): Detailed instructions on how to complete Expense Reports for both UVM employees who handle their own Travel and Expense forms, as well as their delegates.
- Video tutorial - Create/Submit an Expense Report (MP4) (4.38 minutes)
- Travel Approvals (PDF): Detailed instructions on how to approve Travel Authorizations, Cash Advances, and Expense Reports.
- Video tutorial - Expense Report Approval (MP4) (2.58 minutes)
- Travel & Expense Direct Deposit Reimbursement (PDF): Instructions on how to sign up for direct deposit of travel or expense reimbursements through PeopleSoft.
- Video tutorial - PeopleSoft User Defaults (MP4) (45 seconds)
- Video tutorial - Review and Edit Your PeopleSoft Profile (MP4) (1.28 minutes)
- Video tutorial - Personalize Your Page (MP4) (55 seconds)
- Video tutorial - Delegate Entry Authority (MP4) (31 seconds)