User guides (formerly called "mini-manuals") are step-by-step documents designed to guide individuals through completing a task or activity on their own without attending training, or as a reference to remind the user of steps necessary to complete a task.
Accounting & Reporting
- Available PeopleSoft Reports and Queries (PDF): Financials & HR
- Chart of Accounts (COA) (PDF): Explanation of the structure and segments of UVM's COA.
- Chartfield Values: Excel spreadsheets listing each of the PeopleSoft chartfield values recognized at UVM.
- Combo Codes (PDF): The PeopleSoft Human Resources system uses combo codes to represent the chartstring, rather than typing out each individual chartfield value. Each combo code is associated with a distinct chartstring.
- External Billing of Non-Sponsored Customers (PDF): The PeopleSoft External Billing system allows users to send bills to entities (not individuals) outside UVM. University departments must be established within PeopleSoft as a Business Unit to bill customers.
- Financial Reporting - Axiom
- Financial Reporting - PeopleSoft
- Basic Financial Reports (PDF): Focus on the standard monthly reports for business managers. It includes Operating Budget Report, Monthly Budget Report of Projects and Closeout Report.
- Commitment Control Reports (PDF): Focus on in-depth reporting options that draw on data from the budget ledgers. It includes Budget Status Report, Budgets Overview Inquiry and Budget Transaction Detail Report.
- General Ledger Reports (PDF): Focus on in-depth reporting options that draw on data from the General Ledger. It includes Trial Balance Report, Ledger Inquiry Report and Ledger Activity Report.
- Gift & Endowment Report Manual (PDF)
- Journal Entries (PDF): Journals are entries made to the PeopleSoft General Ledger to redistribute or reallocate money from one budget line to another.
- Monthly Business Processes (PDF): A guide for financial business managers to complete monthly processes in both PeopleSoft Financials and Human Resources, including month-end close.
- Non-Sponsored Projects (PDF): How to set up a non-sponsored project in PeopleSoft financials. Nonsponsored projects are any projects that are not grant-funded.
- Pre-Paid Transactions (PDF): How to reconcile purchase/payments from the previous fiscal year.
- Running Reports and Queries (PDF): PeopleSoft stores and processes large amounts of data related to UVM, its people, and its finances. Users are able to employ that data in practical ways by running Reports, Queries and Inquiries. This mini manual offers the ability to learn more about what the database has to offer and provides instructions to make accessing data easy.
- Spreadsheet Journal Upload: The Journal Upload is a PeopleSoft-delivered Excel spreadsheet with built-in macros. The spreadsheet is used to load a journal into PeopleSoft Financials where it can be edited, submitted, and posted.
- Year-end (PDF): A comprehensive guide to key year-end processes.
- Single-Year Line Item Budgeting (Axiom)
- Single-Year Salary Planning (Axiom)
- Training Presentation (PDF)
- User Guide (PDF)
- Video Tutorial - Introduction (MP4, 6:00 mins)
- Video Tutorial - Salary Increases (MP4, 7:05 mins)
- Video Tutorial - Salary Distributions (MP4, 7:00 mins)
- Video Tutorial - Other Functionality (MP4, 6:51 mins)
- Video Tutorial - Diagnostics & Reports (MP4, 10:58 mins)
- Multi-Year Salary Planning (Axiom)
- Budget Transfers (PDF): Activate a new chartstring or move money between budgets
Effort Reporting System (ERS)
More to come. See Cost Accounting Services
Human Resources & ePAR
- Update Personal Information (PDF)
- Update Dependent SSN & 1095C (PDF)
- Registering for Professional Development (PDF)
- Tuition Remission (Dependent Certification) (PDF)
- Screens & Processes for Business Managers (PDF)
- Managing Work-Study Students (PDF)
- Sick Leave/Disability Pay Processing (PDF)
- Processing Graduate Student Paperwork (PDF)
Payroll & Forms, Salary Distribution, Time Entry & Approval
- Payroll & Forms
- Additional Pay Forms (PDF): Used to process payment in prescribed circumstances within University policies, handbooks and collective bargaining agreements. Video tutorial (YouTube)
- Reports and Queries (from PeopleSoft HCM) (PDF): This document covers information on the essential HR Reports and Queries for collecting data from PeopleSoft Human Resources.
- Understand Your Paycheck (PDF)
- Update Personal Information (PDF)
- Salary Distribution
- Electronic Salary Distribution Form for Initiators (PDF) Revised 2/16/18
- Electronic Salary Distribution From for Approvers (PDF) New 2/16/18
- Additonal Pay/Overtime Retro Form Guide (PDF) Added 2/16/18
- Wage Transfer Guide (PDF) Added 2/16/18
- Time Entry & Approval
- Approve/Enter/Report Salaried Nonexempt Time (PDF): How to approve time and view time and time balances in PeopleSoft for salaried non-exempt staff.
- Approve/Enter/Report Salaried Exempt Time (PDF): How to approve time, view exception time and exception time balances in PeopleSoft for salaried exempt staff.
- Approve/Enter/Report Wage Time (PDF)
- Enter/View Exempt Time (PDF)
- Enter/View Salaried, Nonexempt Time (PDF)
- Enter/View Wage Time (PDF)
PeopleSoft Info & Tips
- Browser Tips (PDF): Contains various solutions to common browser issues that are related to working in PeopleSoft
- Find a Deposit Tips (PDF): How to find deposits quickly and efficiently with an ID number, or without an ID
- DUO Mult-factor Authentication: ecurity measure required to access PeopleSoft modules
- PeopleSoft Financials Flowchart (PDF) Updated 7/2017
- PeopleSoft Glossary (PDF)
- PeopleSoft Tips (PDF): Tips on navigating and working more efficiently in PeopleSoft. Most of the tips and tricks in this document apply to both the Human Resources and Financial sides of PeopleSoft, with the exception of Journal Tips.
Requisitions, Accounts Payable, PurCard & Travel & Expense
- Attaching a Document to an Expense Report (PDF)
- PurCard Reallocation Process (PDF): The primary mechanism for expense allocation of purchasing card transactions is the PeopleSoft PurCard Reallocation process.
- Requisitions, Purchase Orders, and Reviewing Payment Information (PDF): How to create and manage requisitions.
- Travel & Expense Direct Deposit Reimbursement (PDF): Instructions on how to sign up through PeopleSoft
- Travel and Expense Report (PDF): Detailed instructions on how to complete and approve Travel and Expense forms/reports. The content is written for both travelers and their approvers. This document applies to UVM employees who handle their own Travel and Expense forms, as well as their delegates.