UVM Seal

UVM Office of the Registrar

College of Nursing and Health Sciences

Change of Major/Minor Form

Please fill out the following form if you wish to change your major or minor in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences or you wish to change from another College into the College of Nursing and Health Sciences If you are unsure of what is currently declared on your record, you can check the Student Information System.

If you are currently enrolled in another College or School at UVM and would like to transfer into the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, you must also complete the online Internal Transfer Application .

The following information will be sent to the College of Nursing and Health Sciences for approval. If approved, your request will be forwarded to the Registrar's Office for processing.

SECTION I - Student Information

Purpose of form:

  1. Change in Major or Minor
  2. Adding Minor
  3. Removing Major or Minor
  4. Combination of the above (e.g. Add Major 2, Remove Minor)
  5. Adding second major for Dual Degree

    Apply to switch from my current College to the College of Nursing and Health Sciences

If changing Colleges, please indicate your current College and major: Example: "Arts & Sciences, English"

SECTION II - Please indicate the major or minor you wish to declare. If you currently have a major or minor declared and wish to remove it without replacing it with another option, please select remove next to the appropriate entry. If you have two majors or two minors and wish to remove one of them, please indicate which one is to be removed in the Comments box.

Select Major 1:

Select Concentration:

Select Major 2:

All College of Nursing and Health Sciences students must receive approval from the Dean's Office before declaring a minor. Download the Declaration of Minor form by clicking here . For more information contact Valerie Pallotta at Valerie.Pallotta@uvm.edu.

The following minors are only available to students majoring in a program in the College of Arts and Sciences: English, Film and Television Studies, Psychology and Studio Art

Select Minor 1: * Minors not listed require approval from the department. Please see details below.

Select Minor 2:

Instructions for minors requiring department approval:

*In order to declare an Accounting or Business Administration minor, complete the following application and submit to the School of Business Administration Student Services, 101 Kalkin.

*In order to declare a Special Education minor, please contact Roman Vogel (Roman.Vogel@uvm.edu) in the Special Education program.

*In order to declare a minor in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, you must complete the following application, and meet with an advisor in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. CALS minors include: Animal Science: Community Entrepreneurship; Community & International Development; Consumer Affairs; Consumer & Advertising; Applied Design; Biochemistry; Ecological Agriculture; Environmental Studies; Food Systems; Green Building & Community Design; Microbiology; Molecular Genetics; Nutrition and Food Sciences; Plant Biology; Soil Science; and Sustainable Landscape Agriculture. 

Which catalog edition are you following?
(required) For the majority of students, it's the first semester you entered UVM as a degree student.

For questions you can contact the College of Nursing and Health Sciences at cnhsoss@uvm.edu or 802-656-3858.

Comments: (To ensure we have your correct information, please list which major(s), minor(s) and/or concentration(s) you are pursuing)

A service of the UVM Office of the Registrar, located at 360 Waterman Building, 85 So. Prospect St., University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405
Last revised: 11/29/2007