explore pathways to UVM

Pathways between UVM and certain partner state colleges help students preserve valuable credits in the transfer process.

Beginning Fall 2023, UVM is moving from 3-digit course numbers to 4-digits. The course renumbering widget is a tool to help students, advisors, and faculty with the transition to the 4-digit numbers. Within this tool, enter the 3-digit number and the new 4-digit number will display.

Start at These Institutions, Graduate from UVM

Transfer Pathways from Community College of Vermont to UVM 2+2 Programs

These academic paths guarantee qualified CCV students junior status at the time they transfer to UVM. Students considering any of these 2+2 programs are encouraged to work closely with their CCV academic coordinator.

Transfer Pathway from Saint Michael’s College to UVM Engineering 3+2 Program

This is a dual degree program in engineering. Upon successful completion of the program and degree requirements, students receive a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from SMC and a Bachelor of Science degree in the appropriate engineering area from UVM.

Transfer Pathway from Vermont Technical College to UVM 2+2 FARMS Program

Students who have completed an associate degree in the Vermont Technical College Dairy Management program can be admitted into the University of Vermont’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) in the Animal Sciences major, leading to a bachelor’s degree. Learn about the 2+2 Farms Program.

Dual Degree Programs from UVM and Partner Institutions

UVM-Vermont Law & Graduate School (VLGS) 3+2 and 3+3 Programs

The UVM-VLGS 3+2 and 3+3 Programs provide high-achieving students with an opportunity to achieve a Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) and a Juris Doctor (JD) degree in a total of five or six years. Learn more about these programs including the application process.

Explore transfer articulation agreements

An Articulation Agreement is an agreement or partnership between two or more colleges/universities that articulate the transfer policies for a specific academic program. See the Articulation Agreements between UVM and its partner institutions.