Cisco Anyconnect VPN Client
UVM's Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a service that allows remote users with UVM credentials to access resources that are normally restricted to users coming from campus addresses. These services include but are not limited to network file shares, library resources, and licensed software. By default, most UVM faculty and staff have access to the VPN. Temporary employees, retired staff and emeriti faculty, affiliated organization employees, and post-doc associates should use this form.
To access and download the AnyConnect VPN Client, visit Install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client Knowledge Base article for instructions.
Using Duo Multifactor Authentication with the Cisco AnyConnect Client
***PLEASE NOTE*** As of May 7, 2018, access to the UVM VPN will require Duo Multifactor Authentication. The Tech Team Knowledge Base has instructions for enrolling in Duo Security and using Duo to access the VPN.
Students sometimes find that their coursework or on-campus employment requires that they access resources via the VPN. Students may request access to the VPN by reviewing the Computer, Communications, and Network Technology Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) below and clicking the "Request VPN Access" button at the bottom of this page.
The Computer, Communications and Network Technology Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and the VPN
By using UVM's VPN, each user understands and agrees to all relevant University policy and procedures, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Account Responsibility: Individual Users are responsible for all uses of University provided information and communication technology services under the electronic identity assigned to them by the University.
- Information Security: Each User who generates, collects, stores, uses, processes, administers, or maintains information to conduct University business is responsible for its appropriate use and its protection.
- Prohibited Uses: Uses that are illegal, that are contrary to UVM policy, or that interfere with system or network performance or with other legitimate uses are prohibited.
- No Personal Financial Gain: Users agree not to use information and communication technology services for the operation of private enterprises or for private fund-raising.
- Enforcement: Users understand that violations of this Policy may result in suspension or termination of access to UVM’s network or to services available through that network and may result in disciplinary action including academic expulsion, employment termination, or criminal prosecution.
For the complete version, see the Computer, Communications, and Network Technology Acceptable Use Policy (PDF).