Current UVM students, faculty, and staff may download free or site-licensed and ETS-supported software installer packages from the UVM Software Download Site. Additional installation and configuration documentation links are provided on that site. Owing to distribution and licensing issues, not all software packages can be made available in the download library. For information on these and other volume-licensed applications, see the Software Licensing Knowledge Base list.
Windows computers purchased by departments through the UVM Techstore will be joined to the CAMPUS Active Directory domain and Microsoft Office will be installed on them. Windows computers joined to the Campus domain will automatically receive updates via Software Center, which also provides the ability to install licensed software without needing to go through the UVM Software Download Site.
Macs purchased by departments will be enrolled in Apple's Device Enrollment Program (DEP), which will deploy configuration settings and software including Microsoft Office upon initial setup.
Microsoft Office 365 for Students, Grad Students, Faculty and Staff
UVM subscribes to a Microsoft volume licensing program for the most commonly used Microsoft software. Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions is an annual subscription licensing program for Microsoft software.
Our EES agreement includes the Student Advantage and the Employee Advantage programs, which offer Microsoft Office at no charge to current UVM students, faculty, and staff for personal use on up to five devices, including computers, smartphones, and tablets. See our Knowledge Base article, Office 365 – Licensing, Installation, and Activation, for more information.
Software Support Resources
- UVM Help Line
- Support for ETS-recommended software is available through the ETS Help Line. Help Line staff members will attempt to answer your questions over the telephone. For more complex problems, they will create a "problem ticket", and the issue will be assigned to higher-level support staff.
- Tech Team Computer Clinic
- Drop in, no appointment needed, for help with ETS-recommended software and supported computer hardware.
- CTL Open Hours
- The Center for Teaching and Learning provides one-on-one support for faculty in the use of classroom technologies. Help is available by appointment or during scheduled hours.
- Grossman School of Business Computing Help
- The School of Business has computer requirements and services that differ from the UVM standard. This site details those differences and provides help resources.
- College of Medicine Information Systems (COMIS)
- The College of Medicine hosts their own Information Systems department. Questions regarding software and services provided by the College of Medicine should be directed to their help desk at 656-7300
- College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences (CEMS)
- CEMS-related software installation & support information.
- College of Education and Social Services (CESS)
- Support information for CESS staff, faculty, & students.