UVM Seal

UVM Office of the Registrar

College of Arts and Sciences Change of Major/Minor/Concentration Form

Please fill out the following form if you wish to change your major, minor or concentration in the College of Arts and Sciences or you wish to change from another College into the College of Arts and Sciences If you are unsure of what is currently declared on your record, you can check the Student Information System.

The following information will be sent to the College of Arts and Sciences for approval. If approved, your request will be forwarded to the Registrar's Office for processing. (May take 1-3 days to process)

SECTION I - Student Information

Student's Year:

Purpose of form:

Change in Major(s), Minor(s) and/or Concentration
Apply to switch from my current College to the College of Arts & Sciences

If changing Colleges, please indicate your current College and major: Example: "Arts & Sciences, English"
Please keep in mind that it is your responsibility to be aware of all rules and regulations concerning the transfer process. Please refer to the current catalog. Those students who have completed one semester at UVM and have achieved a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or higher are accepted into Arts & Sciences. No student will be accepted into the college with a grade point average below 2.00.

Students who wish to request a dual degree (BA and BS in CAS or a degree with CAS and another college within UVM) must first meet with an advisor in CAS Student Services (cas@uvm.edu or 656-3344).

SECTION II - Please indicate the major, minor and/or concentration change you wish to declare. If you currently have a major, minor or concentration declared and wish to remove it without replacing it with another option, please select remove next to the appropriate entry. If you have two majors or two minors and wish to remove one of them, please indicate which one is to be removed in the Comments box.

Change Major 1 to:

* Individual Design Major requires a separate application Complete Application here

**For the Environmental Sciences major, please see note below.

Change Concentration to:

Change Major 2 to:

Change Concentration to:

All students pursuing a Bachelor of Arts must complete a minor to graduate, unless a student has two majors.
Only one course may be applied toward completion of both a major and a minor requirement.

Change Minor 1 to: * Minors not listed require approval from the department. Please see details below.

Change Minor 2 to:

**Environmental Sciences Major, Minor, and Concentrations: Students interested in declaring a major or minor in Environmental Sciences should first contact Professor Joel Goldberg at Joel.Goldberg@uvm.edu. If you have already declared the major and wish to add or change your concentration, then please indicate it in the Comments field below. (The available concentrations are Agriculture and the Environment; Conservation Biology and Biodiversity; Ecological Design; Environmental Analysis and Assessment; Environmental Biology; Environmental Chemistry; Environmental Geology; Environmental Resources; Water Resources; and the Self-Designed concentration.)

Instructions for minors requiring department approval:

* Individual Design Minor requires a separate application Complete Application here

*In order to declare an Accounting or Business Administration minor, complete the following application and submit to the School of Business Administration Student Services, 101 Kalkin.

*In order to declare a Special Education minor, please contact Roman Vogel (Roman.Vogel@uvm.edu) in the Special Education program.

*In order to declare a minor in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, you must complete the following application, and meet with an advisor in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. CALS minors include: Animal Science; Applied Design; Community Entrepreneurship; Community & International Development; Consumer Affairs; Consumer & Advertising; Ecological Agriculture; Food Systems; Green Building and Community Design; Microbiology; Molecular Genetics; Nutrition and Food Sciences; Public Communication; Soil Science; and Sustainable Landscape Horticulture.

*Beginning in the Fall of 2008 Anthropology replaces the Archeology, Linguistic Anthropology, and Social Anthropology minors. If you began attending UVM prior to Fall 2008 you still may select one of these as a minor; please indicate so in the comment box.

For questions you can contact the College of Arts & Sciences at cas@uvm.edu or 802-656-3344.

Comments: (To ensure we have your correct information, please list which major(s), minor(s) and/or concentration(s) you are pursuing)

A service of the UVM Office of the Registrar, located at 360 Waterman Building, 85 So. Prospect St., University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405
Last revised: 1/30/2008