Getting a Card
Who needs a UVM Purchasing Card in my unit?
- Did you or your staff place many low-dollar value orders (less than $2,500)?
- Do you make frequent pick-ups at local suppliers?
- Do your suppliers accept Visa® as a means of conducting purchase transactions?
- Do you purchase airfare?
- Do you travel more than once a year?
- Do you hold conferences at off-campus locations?
Individuals who answer "yes" to any of the above questions may be good candidates for a UVM PurCard.
Who can get a Purchasing Card?
How do I obtain a UVM Purchasing Card?
How long will it take to get a new card?
When I apply for a Purchasing Card, will my personal credit history be checked?
Using a Card
Where can I use a UVM Purchasing Card?
What are the restrictions on Purchasing Card Use?
- Animal orders
- Capital equipment - $5,000.00 and greater
- Hazardous materials - contact Environmental Safety
- Radioactive orders - contact Radiation Safety
- Items costing greater than $2,500.00
The above listed materials and services may only be ordered through UVM's Purchasing Services, and paid for by the Disbursement Center.
Your Purchasing Card cannot be used for any of the following:
- Cash advances
- Cell phones
- Childcare services
- Controlled substances
- Fines, late fees, penalties
- Firearms or ammunition
- Hazardous materials and chemicals
- Parking tickets or travel citations
- Personal purchases
- Tuition reimbursement
Can I obtain a cash advance with my PurCard?
Can I buy personal items and reimburse the budget?
What is my transaction limit? What is my cycle limit?
When does the cycle begin and end?
What information do I need to submit for airfare purchases?
- Name of the traveler
- Business purpose of the trip
- Dates of travel
I've made the purchase, but . . .
A supplier called, and my PurCard was declined. What do I do?
- Cardholder name
- Credit card number
- Date of attempted transaction
- Name of the vendor
- Dollar amount
They will assist the cardholder with any issues.
I lost my receipt. What should I do?
When will my budget really be charged for these purchases?
Journal entry transactions for the cycle ending the 25th of the month will be dated the 2nd of the following month. The transaction will be processed against your chartstring when you have completed your reallocation and submitted the journal for posting.
|Transaction Date||Cycle Date||PeopleSoft Journal Date|
In certain circumstances, it can take up to two months for the transactions to be processed and expensed in PeopleSoft.