Especially for Veterans
As a veteran you have a set of qualities and professional experience that give you a leg up with your civilian career. In recognizing your strengths, we at the Career Center also appreciate the challenges associated with transitioning back into the culture of civilian life and work environments. The Career Center is here to provide the resources to assist you during this next phase of your career path. In addition to the resources available to all students and alumni, here are links of particular interest to veterans.
Marketing your Military Experience & Making a Plan
Composing a civilian resume using military experience effectively can require careful attention to language and terminology. Check out this link for some examples of using military experience in civilian resumes and cover letters in a variety of industries. Make an appointment to create a career plan with Holly Wilkinson, Career Counselor for Veterans at the Career Center and drop in at the HUB to review your materials and get started.
Job Resources for Veterans
- Federal Government: Feds Hire Vets
- Heroes Work Here: Disney Careers
- Military 2 Career
- The Military Edge
- Military Friendly Employers
- My Next Move: Career Exploration for Veterans
- National Career Development Association Veteran Career Resources
- Small Business Administration Patriot Express Business Loan
- Troops to Teachers
- Vermont Department of Labor Veteran Services
- Veterans Employment Toolkit
- Veterans Job Bank
We look forward to working with you on your career success. Please take advantage of our resources and expertise on campus throughout your UVM career.
Last modified June 20 2016 04:01 PM