Your job search doesn't have to be stressful.
From finding and applying to a position through interviewing and accepting an offer, the Career Center is here to help.
Whether it's searching an online jobs board, attending an in-person networking event, or connecting with an internship or job shadowing host, there are many different ways for you to get connected to exciting job opportunities.
- Use Handshake to discover opportunities tailored to your interests, location, and industry
- Browse postings made by UVM alums in UVM Connect
- Review our tips for identifying fraudulent jobs
- International students: Be sure to understand your visa status as you pursue employment opportunities locally, nationally, or internationally
Networking can help you stand out in a job search. Check out our tips for getting started.
- Be prepared with your elevator pitch and up-to-date profiles on Handshake, UVM Connect, and LinkedIn
- Get involved by volunteering, interning, or working in your field
- Attend networking, recruiting, and other career interest group events where alums and employers are present
Your cover letter is a place to tell your story, share details about your relevant experiences, and help an employer understand why you are a good fit for their position.
Preparation is the key to a successful job interview.
- Consult our guide to interviewing
- Request a Mock Interview in Handshake or drop by the Career Center to practice answering questions in real time
- Attend a networking event, resource fair, or Career Fair to put your skills to the test
LinkedIn is an online platform built for both networking and searching for jobs. Setting up a profile is pretty easy and a great way to show employers your full self.
Graduate Student Resources
Whether you're planning to enter academia or an industry, we have support to help you along the way.
- Plan your resume or CV
- Create an online presence
- Prepare for interviews and salary negotiation