Purchases under $2,500.00 may be made using your Purcard. If the vendor does not accept credit cards a Purchase Order (PO) will need to issued.
Purchases $1,000.00 or more check with Lacey first
Purchase Orders are obtained by first having a Requisition entered and submitted.
- A PO must be issued PRIOR to ordering supplies, services being provided or goods being ordered
- A quote from the vendor is needed to initiate the Requisition
- The quote should include the price of the goods/service, freight or shipping costs, mileage reimbursement, etc., what makes up the total cost to be paid to the vendor.
If the PO is greater than $1,000.00 for services and associated expenses than a Service Agreement needs to be created, approved and signed before these services can be provided. There may be other forms required as well, such as:
- Contracts, Service Agreements, Terms & Conditions
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor Determination Form
- New Supplier W-9 Form or IRS W-9 Form anything over $600.00 (IRS Rules)
- Certificate of Insurance (COI)
- Quotation Evaluation Form over $10,001 to 25,000, need at least two quotes over $25,001 need three quotes.
- Single Sole Source Justification (PDF), if item or service can only be purchased from one supplier, in which case a Single/Sole Source Justification Form must be completed and submitted with the requisition unless the supplier is approved on contracted supplier
**Not following the above procedures can make you liable for the purchase(s).**
Purchasing Quick Links:
- Purchasing & Payment Methods Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Procedures for Using UVM's Service Agreement
More information on puchases is available on the Purchasing Services website.
CALS Purcard Process:
- An e-mail from the CALSExt Financial team will be sent to you monthly when it is time to reallocate your Purcard.
- Login to Peoplesoft or US Bank to review your Purcard journal expenses.
- Tape your receipts onto a sheet of paper, multiple receipts may be on one page, write your name at the top of each sheet of paper (or on every receipt), write the project number, chartstring or chartstring name on every receipt.
- Scan the receipts and backup documentation, such as conference agendas, list of attendees for business meals etc. to CALSExt_Financial, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CALSExt Financial will reallocate and return the reallocation journal to you for signature.
- Return signed reallocation journal to email@example.com.
- CALSExt Financial will get the supervisor signature and submit.
PeopleSoft Login to View Purcard Transactions:
- Log into Peoplesoft – Finance
- Click on Main Menu
- Click on Employee Self-Service
- Click on Procurement
- Click on UVM Purcard Reallocations
- Type in your last name and hit Search
- Most recent Journal date should be at the top of the list for you to click on
- It will bring you to a Header page and you can Click on the tab called Lines.
- Lines tab will show you what was expensed for the month and what to send CALSEXT_Finance for receipts.
- There is no action to be done in Peoplesoft, CALSExt_Finance will reallocate for you.
US Bank Login to View Purcard Transactions:
To access the your US Bank Purcard Statement you will need to self-register on the US Bank site, just as you would for any other web site you log into.
To Set up your access for the first time:
- Click on Register Online
- Type UVM in the Organization Short Name Box
- Type in the 16 digit account number from your Purcard
- Type in the Purcard Expiration date
- Click on Send a Code, your email is on file and US Bank will send you a passcode to complete the registration.
The full travel policy is found here: Travel Policy
No travel expenses will be reimbursed before the trip has occured.
If expenses must be incurred before the trip, airfare, conference registration, hotel, etc., a UVM Purcard should be used as means of payment.
- Pre-approval is required for international travel on University buisiness outside of the U.S. or Canada.
- email Travel with your travel information, including dates and amount to encumber on your budget
- submit your request 2 weeks PRIOR to your travel departure date
- Sponsor approval of foreign travel may also be required. Please contact Sponsored Project Administration (SPA) with questions. Travelers funded by federal grant or contract monies are required to comply with the Fly America Act.
- International travel meal rate = $75 per day without receipts; $90 with receipts.
- International SOS provides emergency travel services abroad while students, faculty and staff are engaged in UVM approved business, research or study.
- FY20 Mileage remibursement rate: $0.58
- Meal expenses, including reasonable tip, are not to exceed $60 per day, receipts are not required
- Complete the Reimbursement Form
- Tape receipts to a sheet of paper
- Include travel documentation such as conference brochure
- Scan all documents to Travel
- Or mail to Disbursement Center, 23 Mansfield Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401