So many careers and lifestyles pair well with the Nutrition and Food Sciences Minor. Whether you want to launch your own food business or diversified farm, become a cheesemonger, make your mark as a science or food journalist, put your activism to work for a non-profit or many more livlihoods an NFS Minor will serve you well and give you credit for courses you naturally gravitate toward. Work closely with your advisor to make best use of your courseload.
Minor in Nutrition and Food Sciences Requirements:
A total of fifteen credit hours in Nutrition and Food Sciences Courses:
- NFS 043 (3 credits)
- NFS 053 or NFS 072 (3 credits)
- NFS 143 or NFS 153 (3 credits)
- 6 credits of NFS courses numbered at or above the 100 level.
- Independent study, field experience and undergraduate research cannot be counted in this total.
* Food Systems Majors: the 15 credits for an NFS Minor must be beyond your major degree requirements (no "double-dipping")