Transfer students interested in becoming members of the Honors College must apply both to the University of Vermont and to the UVM Honors College (the Honors College invitation process for transfer students is separate from the UVM admission process). Students may work on both applications concurrently, but no action will be taken on the Honors College application until the student is admitted to the University.
The Honors College has two priority application deadlines for transfer students:
- December 23 for spring semseter admission
- May 31 for fall semester admission
Students interested in applying for transfer admission to the Honors College must ensure that the following materials have been sent to email@example.com by 4 p.m. the day of the deadline:
- One sheet with the student's contact information (name, address, phone, email), and a short essay addressing the following: The Honors College website outlines the distinguishing features of the UVM Honors College. Among them are small, often interdisciplinary classes, a vibrant residential learning community, advising and academic support, and opportunities and support for undergraduate research during both the academic year and the summer. The capstone of the Honors College curriculum is the senior thesis project. In an essay of not more than 500 words, please reflect on the value to you of the thesis project. While you may not yet have specific ideas about what your thesis might be about, we’re nonetheless interested in learning what you personally see as the benefit of such a capstone project more generally. (If you do have some ideas about where your academic interests might take you, feel free to mention them, but keep the focus on the issue of what the value of such a project would be for you personally.)
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- A copy of the student's first year transcript, with all final grades posted.
Assuming admission to UVM and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.40 from the student's previous institution, an admissions decision to the HC will be rendered upon receipt of the above materials.