Spring 2019 Informational Meeting:
All prospective applicants are invited to attend an information meeting. The meeting will be held on Thursday, March 21 at 6:00 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room in the North Complex at University Heights. If you are unable to attend this meeting, learn more about the Honors College sophomore curriculum and application process here:
Application Deadline For Spring 2019:
Online applications will be accepted between March 19th and April 19th. An application is complete only when all components have been submitted:
- Application form
- Please write a short essay (500 words max) answering this question: The Honors College website outlines the distinguishing features of the UVM Honors College. Among them are small, often interdisciplinary classes, a vibrant residential learning community, advising and academic support, opportunities and support for undergraduate research during both the academic year and the summer, and of course the Honors College curriculum, the capstone of which is the senior thesis project. In an essay of not more than 500 words, please reflect on the value to you of the senior thesis project. While you may not yet have specific ideas about what your thesis might be about, we’re nonetheless interested in learning what you personally see as the benefit of such a capstone project more generally. (If you do have some ideas about where your academic interests might take you, feel free to mention them, but keep the focus on the issue of what the value of such a project would be for you personally.)
- Letter of recommendation from a UVM faculty member
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all components have been received by the Honors College. (Please note that students will not need to submit their transcripts; the Honors College will access each applicant's academic transcript as a part of its admissions considerations.) Late applications will not be considered. Students will be informed of admission decisions in early June, after spring grades have been posted. Notification will be sent to the student's UVM email address.
To apply for sophomore admission to the Honors College, please go to the Registrar's Office.
- Log in with your ID and PIN between March 19th and April 19th and select Honors College Application.
- Enter the name and department of your faculty recommender.
- Insert your answer to the essay question (feel free to cut & paste from Microsoft Word).
- Click the submit button.