Welcome, Transfer Students.
Students who apply as an external transfer student to UVM will automatically be considered for the Dean's Merit Scholarship. Other scholarships listed below require a separate application.
Dean's Merit Scholarship (Automatically Considered)
- The Dean's Merit Scholarship is awarded to the most academically talented transfer students (from another institution) admitted to UVM. Recipients typically have completed 21 college credits while earning at least a 3.1 cumulative grade point average in all prior college work.
- For students who have earned less than 21 college credits, both the college and high school records are reviewed to determine eligibility for this scholarship.
- There is no separate application for this scholarship; students are reviewed for eligibility based on the application for admission.
- For external transfer students entering in the 2018-2019 academic year, the scholarship amount awarded is $3,000/year for Vermont residents, and $6,000 - $7,000/year for out-of-state residents.
- The scholarship may be renewed for up to eight semesters or until the student graduates, whichever comes first, provided all terms and conditions are met each semester.
- You must be enrolled in 12 or more credits per semester and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Renewal eligibility is evaluated at the end of each academic year.
Akol Aguek Scholarship (Automatically Considered)
- Designated for new admitted first-year and transfer Vermont residents who have left their home country as a refugee, and who have demonstrated academic talent.
- Recipients are selected based upon review of the admission application and are awarded a merit-based scholarship of $1,000 annually for four years (eight semesters). No separate application is required.
- The Akol Aguek Scholarship will be awarded in addition to any previous scholarships awarded.
- The recipient must be enrolled in 12 or more credits per semester and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Renewal eligibility is evaluated at the end of each academic year.
AmeriCorps Scholarship (Application Required)
- Any graduate, undergraduate, or medical student enrolled in a degree program at the University of Vermont who has completed AmeriCorps service in Vermont and has been awarded a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award is eligible to apply.
- AmeriCorps Scholarships provide a 50% match to the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award for one academic year of study.
- Scholarships are awarded in August and recipients are noified in August.
- US citizienship or permanent resident status is required.
- Apply by submitting a letter of request for consideration,with documentation that the AmeriCorps program is completed, as well as a copy of the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award voucher. Materials may be mailed, faxed, or emailed to: UVM Student Financial Services, c/o AmeriCorp Scholarship Coordinator, 85 South Prospect Street, 223 Waterman Building, Burlington, VT 05405. Email: email@example.com; fax: 802-656-4076.
Bernard Osher Foundation Re-Entry Scholarship (Application Required)
If you are a student seeking your degree after a significant break in your studies, learn more about Osher Scholarship eligibility and how to apply.
Yellow Ribbon Scholarship - Out-of-State Students Only (Application Required)
Learn more about Yellow Ribbon Scholarship eligibility and how to apply.