The Patrick Leahy Honors College offers talented and committed students the intellectual opportunity of a lifetime. A residential college enrolling some of the most capable students from the full spectrum of academic programs at the University of Vermont, the Honors College provides students a rigorous, multi-disciplinary academic challenge that complements and enriches the entire undergraduate experience.
The Leahy Honors College is a part of a network of academic departments and student support services. Students, whether you are studying on campus or at home, access opportunities in the Honors College, and explore your UVM resources.
Our mission is to build a vibrant residential college that embeds the liberal arts in a culture of research and scholarly inquiry. We cultivate a community centered in inclusive values, we empower students through experiential learning, and we nurture our students’ potential to grow into courageous thinkers and compassionate leaders.
In the Honors College, we value:
- Inquiry driven by curiosity and the creation of knowledge
- A diverse and inclusive community, grounded in empathy
- An abiding commitment to identify and to dismantle systems of oppression
- Intellectual risk-taking and growth through rigorous scholarship
- A residential experience that integrates academic and co-curricular exploration while promoting scholarly and personal development.
- A holistic approach to community wellbeing
- Compassionate service to our community and to our world
- A culture of integrity, accountability, and courageous leadership
These Green Mountains
An Honors College Welcome, from Michael Lawler '17
The Patrick Leahy Honors College
50 University Heights North
Burlington, Vt 05405