Are You a...
- Student looking to gain experience and review career resources? Head HERE for career resources or HERE for job/internship information!
- Employer looking to get connected with CEMS? Head Here!
- Faculty or Staff Member looking for ways to support students with their careers? Head Here!
Meet with CEMS Career Coordinator:
- Looking to schedule a 1:1 appointment with the CEMS Career Readiness Coordinator? Sign up for an appointment using Navigate
- In Person Drop-Ins Hours: Wednesdays & Thursdays, 1:30 – 3:30pm in CEMS Student Services (Perkins 101).
- Contact: Email: email@example.com or Phone (802) 656-5488
CEMS Career Office Hours:
Wednesdays & Thursdays 1:30 – 3:30pm in CEMS Student Services (Perkins 101).
- Assist and coach students to secure practical, high-quality internships, co-ops, and jobs related to their major and career goals.
- Coordinate and promote professional development opportunities for students to engage with employers, alumni, and community members to explore career paths, develop workplace skills, and build their network to enhance overall postgraduate success and satisfaction.
- Foster partnerships with local companies to enhance student opportunities, allow employers the opportunity to participate in events, and ensure the development of qualified entry-level candidates.
- Improve student retention and recruitment.
The CEMS Career Readiness Program is comprised of:
- Career Advising & Planning: In addition to helping students prepare for, find, and secure a variety of different professional opportunities (internships, co-ops, job shadows, research positions, etc.), the CEMS Career Readiness Program Coordinator can meet with students to build their 4 Year Plan for Career Success, provide advice on how to build their professional network and prepare to pursue professional opportunities.
- Employer Relations: The CEMS Career Readiness Coordinator conducts outreach to and supports various employers who may be interested in arranging or posting job and internship opportunities for CEMS students, sponsoring Senior Design projects, or getting involved at UVM.
- Career & Professional Development Activities: The UVM Career Center and CEMS Career Readiness Program offer several career planning services and events including job and internship search workshops, interview preparation, job shadowing, career panels, and recruitment events.
- CEMS Engineering Co-op Program: This program offers 9-12 month Cooperative Education experiences, allowing students to fully immerse themselves in the industry, and complete their own projects. Students interested in gaining industry experience for one year should discuss opportunities with CEMS Career Readiness Program Coordinator.
- Classroom & Student Club/Organization Presentations: The CEMS Career Readiness Program Coordinator presents in various courses during students first year, and coordinates events and workshops with Student Clubs and Organizations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Head HERE for answers to frequently asked questions!
Upcoming Career Events
- Check out the calendar for upcoming events.