Welcome to the CEMS TEaching ACtivity Hub (TEACH)!
TEACH is a platform for CEMS teachers, by CEMS teachers. It was created to support the College's mission to advance educational resources and to support students through improved learning experiences. Through TEACH, you can:
- Celebrate the educational legacy of our instructors and share NEWS on teaching and learning in CEMS. Look here for information on past workshops and initiatives.
- Learn about upcoming EVENTS and CEMS-relevant training opportunities.
- Find useful information on innovative teaching practices, instructional research, and remote instruction in RESOURCES.
- Share your experience and SUBMIT FEEDBACK and ideas that might be of interest to others in the CEMS community.
- Join the CEMS TEACH Team on MS Teams to ask questions, share ideas, and learn from other colleagues in CEMS.
While TEACH focuses on programs within CEMS, we welcome collaboration and inspiration from others in the wider UVM community and beyond!
TEACH is supported by the CEMS Pedagogical Innovation Committee, whose mission focuses on three key elements:
- Community: Creating opportunities to connect with colleagues across disciplines and exchange ideas on best teaching practices.
- Innovation: Developing and disseminating pedagogical resources, tailored to the needs of CEMS faculty and students.
- Reflection: Regular assessment of teaching practices and student learning outcomes to better-inform curricular decisions and programs within CEMS.
Pedagogical Innovation Committee
- Radhakrishna Dasari (Computer Science)
- Britt Holmen (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
- Zachary Ballard (Mechanical Engineering)
- Laura Marthaler (Mathematics)
- Richard Single (Statistics)
- Eva-Marie Cosoroaba (Electrical & Biomedical Engineering)
- Priyantha Wijesinghe (Civil & Environmental Engineering, co-Chair)
- Courtney D Giles (Civil & Environmental Engineering, co-Chair)