Welcome to the CEMS TEaching ACtivity Hub (TEACH)!
TEACH is a platform for CEMS teachers, by CEMS teachers. It was created to support the College's mission to advance educational excellence and to support students through improved learning experiences.
- Join the CEMS TEACH Team! Contribute to ongoing discussions, receive important updates and reminders, ask questions, and celebrate the educational legacy of our instructors.
- EVENTS Learn about past and upcoming events and other relevant training opportunities.
- RESOURCES Find useful information on innovative teaching practices, instructional research, and remote instruction.
- SUBMIT FEEDBACK Share your experience and any ideas that might be of interest to others in the CEMS community.
While TEACH focuses on programs within CEMS, we welcome collaboration and inspiration from others in the wider UVM community and beyond!
TEACH is supported by the CEMS Pedagogical Innovation Committee, whose mission is comprised of three key elements:
- Community: Creating opportunities to connect with colleagues across disciplines and exchange ideas on best teaching practices.
- Innovation: Developing and disseminating pedagogical resources, tailored to the needs of CEMS faculty and students.
- Reflection: Regular assessment of teaching practices and student learning outcomes to better-inform curricular decisions and programs within CEMS.
Pedagogical Innovation Committee
- Open position, Computer Science
- Ken Burkman, Mechanical Engineering
- Open position, Mathematics
- Richard Single, Statistics
- Open position, Electrical & Biomedical Engineering
- Open position, Physics
- Priyantha Wijesinghe, Civil & Environmental Engineering, co-Chair
- Courtney D Giles, Civil & Environmental Engineering, co-Chair
- Radhakrishna Dasari, Computer Science
- Eva-Marie Cosoroaba, Electrical & Biomedical Engineering
- Britt Holmen, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Laura Marthaler, Mathematics
- Sheila Weaver, Statistics