- Ensures you are on track to finish your degree.
- Offers advice about which courses to take and ways to fulfill your academic plan.
- Encourages you to develop an action plan for meeting your academic goals.
- Pays attention to your grade-point average and academic performance and talks to you candidly about any need to improve in these areas.
- Listens to you and respects your decisions about your UVM education and career goals. You, not your advisor, are ultimately responsible for making decisions about what you want to do here and after college.
- Whether you need personal or career counseling, tutoring, or assistance with research in the libraries or life in the residence halls, your advisor is familiar with where you can turn to ensure you can deal with college life as smoothly as possible.
- Connects interested students with honors options and opportunities for undergraduate research and scholarship.
Your academic advisor is not the only one at UVM who may play a role in helping you decide what you want to do after college. Staff members in Career Center, Residential Life, Counseling and Psychiatry Services, the Mosaic Center for Students of Color, LGBTQA Center, Women's Center, Office of International Education, and other campus resources are available to help you.
Login to the MyUVM Portal
Select the Advising (CATS) tab from the top menu to find 'My Advising' section in the lower left with information to Contact Your Advisor.