Student Financial Services
Scholarships and Education Benefit Programs for Veterans
For general information regarding GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program, please visit www.uvm.edu/sfs/veterans.
For comprehensive information about the VA Education Benefits for which you may be eligible, visit www.gibill.va.gov.
For information about support available to Veterans at UVM, please visit www.uvm.edu/~veterans.
UVM Yellow Ribbon Scholarship (Application Required)
- A student must be 100% eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Out-of-State Undergraduate, Out-of-State Graduate, and In and Out-of-State College of Medicine students are eligible to apply.
- Limited availability: 2 scholarships for Out-of-State Graduate students; 5 scholarships for In or Out-of-State College of Medicine students.
- Unlimited scholarships for Undergraduate Out-of-State students.
- Awarded to graduate and College of Medicine students on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students are chosen based on when they submit the application each year.
- For complete Terms and Conditions, please click here.
- Maximum scholarship amounts are estimated at $11,532 per year for Out-of-State Undergraduate students, $5,000 per year for Out-of-State Graduate students, and $10,000 per year for College of Medicine students.
- Students who are awarded the UVM Yellow Ribbon Scholarship will receive a matching Yellow Ribbon Scholarship from the VA.
- Students awarded this scholarship must renew annually.
Last modified March 30 2016 02:49 PM