Under the UVM Promise, admitted undergraduate students starting in the Fall 2023 semester or later, whose parents' adjusted gross income (AGI) is $60,000 or less will receive Federal, state and institutional grants and scholarships to cover their tuition and comprehensive fee, as well as a waiver for the University acceptance fee.
Investing in Vermont's future
UVM wants the best and brightest Vermonters to go to college right here, in Vermont. That's why we've made the UVM Promise, helping nearly half of the state's households pay zero tuition at UVM.
About UVM Promise
The UVM Promise closes the financial gap - no matter how big - between federal, state, and other aid and UVM tuition. That's our promise: zero tuition paid by eligible families.
UVM Promise students, admitted in Fall 2023 or later must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be admitted and enroll at UVM as a dependent undergraduate student (new first year or transfer) beginning in Fall 2023 or later
- File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by UVM's published priority financial aid deadline
- Parents adjusted gross income (AGI) as reported on the FAFSA for the applicable academic year is $60,000 or less
- Be a Vermont resident
- Apply each academic year for the Vermont State Grant through VSAC
- Maintain continuous full-time enrollment (at least 12 credit hours during each fall and spring term)
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress towards a degree
Eligibility for the UVM Promise is re-evaluated annually based on parents' Adjusted Gross Income as reported on each year's FAFSA. The FAFSA and the Vermont State Grant application must be submitted annually by UVM's priority financial aid deadline. 4 year tuition and comprehensive fee coverage is not guaranteed.
Students who qualify for UVM's Catamount Commitment Program are not eligible for additional funding under the UVM Promise Program.
Federal, State, and Institutional Grants & Scholarships, employer tuition benefits, and VA education benefits will all be applied to the UVM Promise.
Tuition and comprehensive fee coverage applies only to fall and spring semesters if eligible, and not to the summer session.
Housing and meal plan charges are not covered under the UVM Promise.