orange barNeed quick answers to your financial aid questions? We're committed to helping you understand the financial aid process.

What's the difference between a loan, scholarship and grant?

Loans must be repaid, usually with interest. We participate in the Federal Direct Student Loan Program, and students may apply by completing their FAFSA.

Scholarships and grants are awarded based on a variety of factors, including academic achievement, talent, athletic ability, leadership, geographical location, field of study, and demonstrated financial need.

How do I accept or decline my financial aid award?

To accept or decline your financial aid award, please log-in to the myUVM portal. In the Student Financial Services section, click on “View My Award” and select the appropriate award year. Learn more about accepting and/or declining aid under Step 5 of How to Apply.

If you need to change your award decision after it has been submitted, please submit the Loan Change Request Form. For additional questions, feel free to contact us.

What is UVM’s federal school code for the FAFSA?

The University of Vermont’s Federal school code for filing the FAFSA is 003696.

What kind of payment plans are available?

Aside from loan financing, scholarships, and grants, UVM offers a monthly payment plan, 529 payments, and direct payment options. Learn more on our Paying for UVM page.

How do I make an international payment through a wire transfer?

UVM has partnered with Flywire to streamline the tuition and fee payment process for international students. To complete the payment process, connect to Flywire.

How much can I borrow in federal loans?

Federal loans can generally be borrowed at a lower interest rate and with more flexible repayment options. Find out how much you can borrow in federal loans as an undergraduate, eligible non-degree student, graduate student, or parent of a dependent undergraduate or eligible non-degree student.


graphic pattern

By the Numbers

$163 million in UVM support (loans, grants, scholarships and tuition remission) awarded to all undergraduates.