Student Financial Services
Scholarships for Transfer Students
Students who apply as external transfer students to the University of Vermont will be automatically considered for the Dean's Merit Scholarship based on their application for
admission. Other scholarships listed below require an additional application.
Dean's Merit Scholarship
- The Dean's Merit Scholarship is awarded to the most academically talented transfer students (from another institution) admitted to UVM. Recipients typically have completed 21 college credits while earning at least a 3.1 cumulative grade point average in all prior college work.
- For students who have earned less than 21 college credits, both the college and high school records are reviewed to determine eligibility for this scholarship.
- There is no separate application for this scholarship; students are reviewed for eligibility based on the application for admission.
- For external transfer students entering in the 2015-2016 academic year, the scholarship amount awarded is $3,000/year for Vermont residents, and $5,000/year for out-of-state residents.
- The scholarship may be renewed for up to eight semesters or until the student graduates, whichever comes first, provided all terms and conditions are met each semester.
- You must be enrolled in 12 or more credits per semester and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of a 2.8 in your first year and a 3.0 in subsequent years. Renewal eligibility is evaluated at the end of each academic year.
- Please click here to review general UVM scholarship policies, and additional terms and conditions for this scholarship.
AmeriCorps Scholarship (Application Required)
- Any student (graduate, undergraduate, or medical) enrolled in a degree program at the University of Vermont who has completed AmeriCorps service in Vermont and has been awarded a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award is eligible to apply.
- AmeriCorps Scholarships provide a 50% match to the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award for one academic year of study.
- Four (4) scholarships are awarded each year; recipeints are notified in August.
- For information about how to apply.
Bernard Osher Foundation Reentry Scholarship (Application Required)
- For students seeking their degree after a significant break in their studies.
- Awards are generally $2000 for the academic year.
- Apply online.
UVM Yellow Ribbon Scholarship (Application Required)
- A student must be 100% eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Only Out-of-State Undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
- Unlimited scholarships for Out-of-State Undergraduate students.
- For complete Terms and Conditions, please click here.
- Maximum scholarship amounts are estimated at $11,196 per year for Out-of-State Undergraduate students.
- Students who are awarded the UVM Yellow Ribbon Scholarship will receive a matching Yellow Ribbon Scholarship from the VA.
- Students awarded this scholarship must renew annually.
Please also visit our page for external scholarship resources.
Last modified May 12 2015 09:04 AM