Since arriving at UVM, Erik Ruggles has pursued a passion he first found in high school.
Ruggles, then a high school junior, was intrigued with the subjects covered by a charismatic chemistry teacher, especially inorganic and organic chemistry. He thought chemistry could be a career.
So, he earned a bachelor’s in chemistry from Ithaca College, and eventually he ended up at UVM in...
A new initiative by a private foundation will allow a UVM Chemistry student to work with his faculty mentor on a phosphorus research project for a year after graduation.
On March 25, the University of Vermont was delighted to announce that three students were selected to receive Goldwater Scholarships, the U.S. Congress’s most prestigious undergraduate scholarship in the natural sciences, mathematics, and engineering.
- Chemistry Professor Helps Recover Helium in Discovery Hall
- Agilent and University of Vermont Announce the Agilent Laboratory for Chemical Analysis (ALCA)
- Professors Pioneer Research into Anxiety-Related Brain Molecule
- Student Instagram Project Helps STEM Majors Find Their Way
- Ph.D. Alumni Spotlight: Four Women Make their Mark in Chemistry
- Leading through teaching: Rory Waterman
- Chemistry Department Welcomes New Faculty Members
- Invention: "Nanocage" Tool Untangles (Molecular) Spaghetti
- Jianing Li Wins NSF Career Award
- Junior Faculty Members Earn Prestigious Chemistry Division Awards
- 1 of 4
- next ›