The Technology Delivery & Security Organization, led by Christopher Higgins is responsible for developing, delivering/supporting key applications, managing information security across the enterprise, 3,200 employees, balancing a $500MM financial budget and leading Enterprise Data Governance. To support our goals of maintaining delivery reliability while developing strong partnerships and increasing speed to market, Business Information Officers (BIOs) lead cross-functional teams of technical service experts focused on business-line specific technology needs, driving TOS priorities to achieve business line objectives.
Prior to joining US Bank in 2012, Christopher has served as:
- General Auditor for Global Technology & Operations at Bank of America.
- Enterprise Information Management Executive responsible for supporting over 300,000 associates across Bank of America and managed over 1,500 resources in nine different countries. He served as the Board of Directors designated Chief Information Security Officer and Enterprise Resiliency Executive.
- Chief Operations Officer of a Bank sponsored dot-com start-up.
- Co-Lead the Bank of America/NationsBank Consumer and Small Business Transition Team.
- National Currency Services Executive was responsible for managing a team of 2,500 associates across 36 sites providing deposit processing for Retail and Wholesale customers; reduced cost and improved quality through a workflow simplification program with zero investment in technology.
- Payments Services Project Management Executive and developed and executed a three-year business and technology strategy resulting in a 40% reduction in back-office operating costs.
In 1985, Christopher was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Army and served as a Logistics Officer.
Christopher graduated from the University of Vermont with an accounting degree. He earned a Master’s of Business Administration from Pacific Lutheran University. He is Six Sigma Black Belt certified and earned Series 7 (Registered Security Representative) and Series 24 (Principal) licenses. Christopher is the inventor of an awarded patent for risk management methodology that combines process and control engineering and Six Sigma to manage Information Security. He lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota with his wife.
Prior Advisory Board Service:
University of North Carolina (Charlotte) Business School American Diabetes Association
Advisor to American Diabetes Managing Committee
Current Advisory Boards:
University of Vermont Grossman School of Business
Current Board of Directors:
Elan Financial Services
Greater Metropolitan Housing Corporation (Minneapolis)