A Proven Track Record of CPA Exam Success and Job Placement
Our 30-credit Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program develops fluency with accounting, auditing, taxation, and regulatory issues. We also develop communication and data analytic skills that make our students stand out with employers.
- 100% job placement (5-year average)
- Top 10% CPA exam pass rate among U.S. institutions with 10 or more candidates (based on NASBA reporting)
- Satisfaction of the 150 credit-hour CPA certification requirement
- Sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) course offerings
- Program STEM designation reflects the technical aspects of the accounting profession and enables our international students the opportunity to gain U.S. work experience
- A majority of our MAcc students receive scholarships
Expected length of study to degree completion for students entering with:
- Accounting degree: 9 months
- General business or economics degree: 12 months
- Non-business degree: 12-18 months
We welcome students of diverse academic backgrounds and will help you identify your path to admission.
Accelerated Master's Program for Current Undergraduate Students:
Enter the MAcc through our Accelerated Master's Program (AMP) track, allowing master’s program studies to begin as an undergraduate. Interested students should contact the program advisor to plan coursework for MAcc AMP admission.
MAcc Curriculum: Aligned With Business Needs
Accounting is a dynamic profession. We regularly engage with industry leaders to ensure our curriculum is current and sets you up for success. Career fit is also important – working closely with a MAcc advisor, you will individualize your course of study to capitalize on prior professional experience and/or coursework on the way to reaching your goals.
- Broad exposure to knowledge and practices across the accounting profession
- Option of choosing a focus in auditing and financial reporting, tax, or sustainability and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) reporting
- Program STEM designation reflects the inclusion of data analytics and other technologies throughout the curriculum
- Each MAcc student’s program is geared toward their individual interests and needs
You'll find the majority of UVM MAcc graduates working as assurance and tax associates with Big-4 and other international as well as regional and Vermont accounting firms. Employers of recent MAcc graduates include: