The Grossman School of Business, recognized worldwide for its expertise in sustainable business and family business education, focuses on the interface between family business and sustainability, and continues to rank among the top two Green MBA programs and "MBA Program for a Better World" for several years in a row by The Princeton Review and Corporate Knights, respectively, and top 25 global business schools for family business education and research by Family Capital.
The Grossman School of Business offers an online, 9-credit Certificate of Graduate Study in Sustainable Family Enterprise (CGS-SFE), to help you build the business toolkit you need fast.
With a curriculum drawn from its award-winning Sustainable Innovation MBA and supported by the Grossman School of Business Family Business Institute—a worldwide leader at the vanguard of research and education on sustainability and innovation of enterprising families¬— the Certificate of Graduate Study in Sustainable Family Enterprise, will provide a comprehensive, relevant framework for you to lead your family enterprise into new sustainable, and purpose-led business approaches.
Graduates of the Certificate of Graduate Study in Sustainable Family Enterprise will learn how to:
- Differentiate between family and non-family enterprise/business.
- Describe the significance and diversity of family business.
- Analyze the structure and systems used by entrepreneurial and sustainable family businesses.
- Identify the best and next practices of innovative family firms in sustainable development.
- Differentiate between family businesses designed with the sustainability DNA from others that transform a legacy business towards sustainable development goals (SDGs).
- Learn the basics of family philanthropy and advising.
- Evaluate role of family business in sustaining (or depleting) the regional economy and local community.