Akshay has a Ph.D. in Operations Management from the Smeal College of Business, Pennsylvania State University. His research interests are in the area of sustainable operations. His research investigates how companies make decisions on remanufacturing operations under uncertainty to achieve economic and environmental sustainability.
- Mutha A., Bansal S., Guide V., "Selling Assortments of Used Products to Third-Party Remanufacturers." Production and Operations Management, 2019.
- Mutha A., Bansal S., Guide V., "Managing Demand Uncertainty through Core Acquisition in Remanufacturing." Production and Operations Management, vol. 25, no. 8, 2016, pp. 1449-1464.
Awards and Recognition
Kroepsch-Maurice Excellence in Teaching, University of Vermont - 2019
Areas of Expertise and/or Research
Closed-loop supply chains, remanufacturing operations
- Ph.D., Operations Management,Pennsylvania State University, 2018
- M.S., Supply Chain Management, Nanyang Technological University,Singapore, 2008
- B.S., Government College of Engineering Pune, India, 2004
- (802) 656-0495
Decision Analysis (BSAD 30): Fall 2017, Spring 2018.
Operations Management (BSAD 173): Fall 2018.