What are the benefits of the program?
Benefits to Mentees:
- An early connection to UVM
- Access to information
- Additional support and guidance from peers
- Decreased anxiety about transition to college
- Opportunity for increased accountability
Benefits to Mentors:
- Opportunity to share your expertise about the UVM campus and community
- Experience that will help develop your leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Resume building
- Various incentives, provided by SAS, for successful mentor candidates
What will I do as a participant in the program?
- The first month of the semester, mentors and mentees will meet once per week
- After the first month, mentors and mentees will meet twice monthly (can meet more if you choose to do so)
- Mentors will attend at least one event or program with their mentee and report to SAS
- Mentors and mentees will maintain confidentiality
How do I join?
SAS students who would like to apply to be a mentor should contact SAS.PeerMentoring@uvm.edu to request additional information regarding the recruitment process.