UVM Seal

UVM Office of the Registrar

College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences

Change of Major/Minor/Concentration Form

Please fill out the following form if you wish to change your major, minor or concentration in the College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences or you wish to change from another College into the College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences If you are unsure of what is currently declared on your record, you can check the Student Information System.

The following information will be sent to the College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences for approval. If approved, your request will be forwarded to the Registrar's Office for processing.

SECTION I - Student Information

Purpose of form:

  1. Change in Major, Minor and/or Concentration
  2. Adding Major, Minor and/or Concentration
  3. Removing Major, Minor and/or Concentration
  4. Combination of the above (e.g. Add Major 2, Remove Minor)
  5. Request for Dual Degree

    Apply to switch from my current College to the College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences

If changing Colleges, please indicate your current College and major: Example: "Arts & Sciences, English"

SECTION II - Please indicate the major, minor and/or concentration you wish to declare. If you currently have a major, minor or concentration declared and wish to remove it without replacing it with another option, please select remove next to the appropriate entry. If you have two majors or two minors and wish to remove one of them, please indicate which one is to be removed in the Comments box.

Select Major 1:

Select Concentration:

Select Major 2:

Select Concentration:

The following minors are only available to students majoring in a program in the College of Arts and Sciences: English, Film and Television Studies, and Psychology.

Select Minor 1: * Minors not listed require approval from the department. Please see details below.

Select Minor 2:

Instructions for minors requiring department approval:

*In order to declare an Accounting or Business Administration minor, complete the following application and submit it to the School of Business Administration Student Services, 101 Kalkin.

*In order to declare a Special Education minor, please contact Roman Vogel (Roman.Vogel@uvm.edu) in the Special Education program.

*In order to declare a minor in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, you must complete the following application, and meet with an advisor in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. CALS minors include: Animal Science; Community Entrepreneurship; Community & International Development; Consumer Affairs; Consumer & Advertising; Applied Design; Biochemistry; Ecological Agriculture; Food Systems; Green Building & Community Design; Microbiology; Molecular Genetics; Nutrition and Food Sciences; Plant Biology; Soil Science; and Sustainable Landscape Horticulture.

Which catalog edition are you following? (required) For the majority of students, it's the first semester you entered UVM as a degree student.

For questions you can contact Marnie Owen in the College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences at mowen@cems.uvm.edu or 802-656-3471.

Comments: (To ensure we have your correct information, please list which major(s), minor(s) and/or concentration(s) you are pursuing)

A service of the UVM Office of the Registrar, located at 360 Waterman Building, 85 So. Prospect St., University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405
Last revised: 11/29/2007