From rising oceans to extreme weather, nature and people worldwide are feeling the impacts of climate change. We need solutions to keep warming within 1.5 degrees Celsius by 2030, and to avoid greater catastrophes.
Gund researchers are developing creative solutions to reduce global warming and prepare for its impacts, including: climate mitigation and adaptation, GHG monitoring and capture, and climate policy.
- Global climate modelling (Budolfson)
- Mountain communities (Sanders, Wemple)
- Climate refugees (Bose)
- Forest carbon (Keeton, Galford, Adair)
- GHG monitoring (Wollenberg, Adair, Barbieri)
- Basin Response to Extreme Events (BREE – EPSCoR) (Bomblies, Zia, Koliba, Rizzo, Adair, Perdrial, Hurley, Dewoolkar)