The Student Services team is located in Perkins 101, and is delighted to support you as a member of the College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences. We look forward to working with you throughout your time as a UVM student.
You will use the Navigate App to:
- View advisor availability
- Reserve an appointment
- Add your name to the queue for drop-in office hours
Advising meetings are available in-person or remotely using Microsoft Teams.
If you haven't already, we highly encourage you to download and begin to familiarize yourself with the platform.
DROP-IN OFFICE HOURS (Remote and in-person)
Career (in-person): Wednesdays and Thursdays, 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Academic (in-person and remote): Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays, 1:30pm - 3:30pm
For in-person drop-in office hours, please visit us in Perkins 101. If you would like to join office hours remotely, use your Navigate App to add your name to the queue, and an advisor will call you on Microsoft Teams when it’s your turn.
SCHEDULED ADVISING APPOINTMENTS (Remote and in-person)
Advisors are available outside of drop-in office hours, by appointment. Using the Navigate app, you will be able to view advisor availability and reserve an appointment. You have the option to select the method of your meeting (in-person or remote). For remote meetings, an advisor will call you on Microsoft Teams at the time of your appointment.
URGENT IN-PERSON NEEDS
Staff will be available in Perkins 101
Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm
Please wear a face covering when visiting our office, wait at the door to be greeted.
Matt Manz - Matthew.Manz@uvm.edu
Holly Fosher - Holly.Fosher@uvm.edu
Michael Rose - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Chiarenzelli - email@example.com
Chris Marshall - firstname.lastname@example.org
Emma Squier - email@example.com
Some of the services we provide to current students:
- Primary advising for first year engineering majors and undeclared students in CEMS
- Secondary advising for all CEMS students
- Connecting students to available resources on campus
- Monitoring academic progress
- Coordinating requests for substitutions, waivers and credit-by-examination
- Determining degree completion status and eligibility to graduate
- Notifying faculty when students are missing classes due to serious illness or an emergency
- Advising on academic components of the study abroad process
- Certifying students for engineering licensure exams (FE, PE)
- Providing registration support and assistance with schedule conflicts
- Implementing the academic standards of the College and in cooperation with the CEMS Studies Committee
- Coordinating requests for late withdrawals, leaves of absence and incompletes
- Signing student forms that require the Dean’s signature (for example, the Change of Student Status form)