The Student Services team is delighted to support you as a member of the College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences. We look forward to working with you throughout your time as a UVM student.
Summer 2020 Faculty Advising
Faculty from each department are available Monday through Friday, 1:00-5:00pm ET from July 20, 2020 through July 31, 2020. You can discuss your fall schedule with faculty from your department via Microsoft Teams – click here to view scheduling and Teams links for faculty advising.
2020 Office Hours
CEMS Student Services is available Monday through Friday, 8:00-4:30. You can reserve a Microsoft Teams appointment with a Student Services staff member using your Navigate App, or emailing your request directly. Contact information for each staff member is below.
Genevieve Anthony - Genevieve.Anthony@uvm.edu
Matt Manz - Matthew.Manz@uvm.edu
Amanda Stemple - Amanda.Stemple@uvm.edu
Becca Kronenbitter - Rebecca.Kronenbitter@uvm.edu
Sanfeng Miao - Sanfeng.Miao@uvm.edu
Some of the services we provide to current students:
- Primary advising for first year engineering majors and undeclared students in CEMS
- Secondary advising for all CEMS students
- Connecting students to available resources on campus
- Monitoring academic progress
- Coordinating requests for substitutions, waivers and credit-by-examination
- Determining degree completion status and eligibility to graduate
- Notifying faculty when students are missing classes due to serious illness or an emergency
- Advising on academic components of the study abroad process
- Certifying students for engineering licensure exams (FE, PE)
- Providing registration support and assistance with schedule conflicts
- Implementing the academic standards of the College and in cooperation with the CEMS Studies Committee
- Coordinating requests for late withdrawals, leaves of absence and incompletes
- Signing student forms that require the Dean’s signature (for example, the Change of Student Status form)