As a user of this UVM Career Center site:
- I agree to provide accurate and truthful information about my qualifications and educational background in my online profile, my resume, and any supplemental job-search documents I upload to the system.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to manage my profile and privacy settings and that it is my choice what kind of information and how much I share with prospective employers.
- I understand that Handshake is provided as a service to current UVM students and alumni and that I am responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of my login information and password. I am responsible for all uses of my registration, whether or not authorized by me. If others use my password to access job listings or to post inappropriate material on the site, I risk losing my access to the site. I agree to notify the UVM Career Center immediately of any unauthorized use of my Handshake account.
- I agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Your use of UVM Career Center services and the Handshake website is deemed to constitute your binding agreement to the following terms. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use the UVM Career Center services or the Handshake website.
- The UVM Career Center and the Handshake website provide venues for employers to advertise job opportunities, for job candidates to search for and evaluate job opportunities, and for employers and job candidates to communicate and exchange information. UVM does not undertake to enter into any employer/employee relationship with any user of UVM Career Center services or the Handshake website by virtue of their use. The UVM Career Center is not involved in the actual recruitment and employment transactions between employers and candidates, and, therefore, has no control over or responsibility for: the quality, safety or legality of the jobs/internships or resumes posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings or of the parties’ representations regarding those positions, the ability of employers to offer job/internship opportunities to candidates, the ability of candidates to fill job/internship openings, or the behaviors of employers and candidates.
- The Career Center expects that all parties will exercise caution and common sense when using the Handshake website and other UVM Career Center services. Handshake may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Employers and candidates are solely responsible for the content of their postings on the Handshake site and for any information they exchange through the Handshake website when using other UVM Career Center services. The UVM Career Center makes no representation about or guarantee of the truth, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any such content or information. While the UVM Career Center reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove job postings, resumes or other material from the Handshake website from time to time, the UVM Career Center does not assume any obligation to do so and to the extent permitted by law, disclaims any liability for failing to take any such action. The UVM Career Center also cannot verify that users are who they claim to be because user authentication on the internet is difficult. You acknowledge that your use of the Handshake website and other UVM Career Center services and your reliance on any content posted on the website or obtained through the services are at your own risk.
- Note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Handshake website or other UVM Career Center services.
- In the event of a dispute between one or more users of the Handshake website or UVM Career Center services, you release UVM (and our agents and employees) from liability for any claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential, direct and indirect of every kind and nature, known and unknown), arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes to the fullest extent permitted by law.