Learning Outcomes & Goals
After attending the Social Justice Grounding Retreat, participants will leave with the skills and knowledge to:
- Articulate a deeper understanding of the intersection of their social identities.
- Define compassion, equity, justice, activism, advocacy, social justice, white supremacy, and other important terms related to this work.
- Demonstrate different activities for group discussion and self-reflection.
- Identify at least two ways to engage in self-reflection, especially when faced with moments of cognitive dissonance.
Identify at least two tenets of white supremacy culture.
- Explain values of leading with compassion and equity in social justice, activism, and liberation-based work.
- Build new connections to others in our campus community committed to social justice work.
- Identify their personal, academic and/or professional goals beyond the material from the retreat.