For Staff and Faculty

Staff and faculty should submit routine maintenance requests for departmental or building repairs through FAMIS Self-Service. Using FAMIS is the most efficient way to report problems and to provide the detail that we need to respond to your specific request.

Login to FAMIS using your UVM NetId by clicking the link below. (Note: Remote users must first log into the UVM Virtual Private Network (VPN) client in order to access FAMIS)

Then click on the "Self Services" tab to enter your details. 

Submit a FAMIS Service Request

Still need help with FAMIS? Review the instructions below, or email for assistance.

After we receive your Service Request, it is reviewed by our SOS team to ensure all information is included and to confirm that the proper budget will be charged. SOS then assigns the request to the appropriate crew or zone within Physical Plant, which then schedules the work based on priority level and dispatches the necessary personnel to respond.

For Students

Students should report maintenance concerns about their residence halls or rooms through the Residential Life Fix-It Program .

For Key Requests

Please visit the Lock Shop page for details and instructions on requesting keys.

Key Request Form (PDF)

For Surplus Property Pickups and Moving Services

The UVM Recycling program is no longer part of Physical Plant, but you can still use FAMIS to submit service requests for these services. Please visit their website for details and instructions on requesting surplus and recycling services

Who pays for what?

Most routine repairs and maintenance to University general-fund buildings and facilities are covered by the Physical Plant operating budget. However, some services and special requests are charged directly to the requesting department.

Email SOS to determine if the requested work is your department's responsibility or covered by central funds. (If requested, Physical Plant will provide an estimate on the cost of a project (e.g., building a bookshelf or installing an outlet). For an estimate, submit a FAMIS service request and indicate "for estimate only.")

For Maintenance Emergencies (e.g., floods or power outages)
Call Service Operations Support (SOS)
(802) 656-2560

Before You Dig, Call 811 

dig safe logo



A *NEW* Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) portal will replace FAMIS in 2022 - Click Here to Learn More