WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
These guidelines will be in effect until further notice. Guidelines are subject to change and will be updated regularly.
- For the 2020-2021 academic year, all events and meetings should consider changing to a virtual format whenever possible.
- In-person events that follow state and UVM guidelines may be approved by submitting a request through the EMS portal.
- UVM and State guidelines restrict indoor events to a maximum of 75 people or less while maintaining a physical distance of 6 feet between participants. The space being utilized may limit your capacity to less based on 6-foot physical distancing requirements.
- UVM and State guidelines restrict outdoor events to a maximum of 150 people while maintaining a physical distance of 6 feet between participants. Maximum attendance numbers may change if guidelines change.
- Face-to-face meetings should be held remotely when possible.
- 6-foot physical distancing must be observed at all in-person events and meetings. Face coverings must be worn at all times when in the presence of others, regardless if the event or meetings is indoor or outdoor.
- All attendees of an in-person event must adhere to UVM’s COVID safety protocol.
- Event Planners must keep a roster with the name and phone number for all attendees of an inperson event. These must be kept on file for 30 days following an event and must be made available upon request.
- All catering and food services must be provided by UVM Dining and not by any external caterers. No potlucks, bake sales, pizza, or platters of food will be allowed at events or meetings. All food must be individually packaged items.
- All large scale UVM events that would draw a crowd are canceled.
- External events such as conferences and competitions will only be permitted on a case by case basis and must receive prior approval from University Event Services.
- All in-person events must have a designated team or staff member present at the event to assist with onsite compliance with the COVID social distancing and face mask requirements.
- All in-person events are required to have an EMS reservation – even if in departmental spaces. For assistance with booking spaces in EMS that are not currently listed, contact Campus Event Services.
- All Open attendance events must be pre-ticketed or have a sign-up in advance, no walk-up customers are allowed. UVM Tickets is available to assist with this.