UVM Nutrition and Food Sciences Associate Professor Lizzy Pope asks her students to embody bile, triglycerides, or hydrochloric acid. Then they learn about fat digestion as part of a musical which utilizes multiple pop songs to help students remember the science of nutrition. This is just one tactic in a full arsenal of...
As the world begins to emerge from the initial impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, many emergency food support programs are ending. Yet, researchers say the conditions that led to the creation of the programs haven't gone away.
The University of Vermont (UVM) Food Systems Research Center (FSRC) is pleased to announce the winners of the 2023 Sustainability Metrics Competition, a three-year project totaling $3 million to assess how to measure sustainable food systems in the Northeast—our largest research investment to date.
- Professor Emerita Rachel Johnson named Fellow of the American Society for Nutrition
- Bertmann Recognized for Leadership in Fighting Hunger
- COVID-19 Food Insecurity Hits Record Levels in Vermont
- True to the Land
- Vermont, Maine Team Awarded $4M to Study Climate Impacts on Species and Response of Farmers, Rural Communities
- "Ending the War on Artisan Cheese" book review by the Cheese Professor
- Eat the Rainbow: Entrepreneur Arealles Ortiz '15
- Food Insecurity Hits One in Four Vermonters
- Gift Honors Beloved UVM Professor - and Father - Dr. Albert Smith with Two Endowed Professorships
- Luis Alexis Rodríguez-Cruz Selected as Recipient of 2020 Switzer Fellowship