Students who were previously undergraduates working toward a degree and who wish to return to the University of Vermont following a voluntary leave should submit the online Re-entry Application. Upon receipt of your application, you will be contacted via email with information regarding next steps and additional details about the re-entry process. Please email questions about this application to reentry@uvm.edu

PLEASE NOTE: Applications for the Fall 2023 semester have closed and are no longer being accepted. Applications for the Spring 2024 semester can now be submitted, and review will begin in late September. It is strongly recommended that you submit your application at least two weeks in advance of the start of course Registration. The re-entry application deadline for the Spring 2024 semester is Friday, January 12, 2024. Please note there are additional deadlines for international students, students readmitted after a medical withdrawal and for students looking to readmit to the College of Nursing & Health Sciences. Please review additional deadlines below.

Please review for School/College-specific re-entry requirements and information.

If you are applying for re-entry following a dismissal or forced leave, please contact the Student Services team for your major College (i.e. Arts and Sciences, Grossman School of Business, etc.).

If you wish to return to the University after a conduct suspension, you will need to contact the Dean of Students office to schedule a meeting with the Assistant Dean of Students. You may reach the Assistant Dean by calling (802) 656-3380.

Students wishing to return to the University after receiving a medical withdrawal must complete the medical withdrawal re-entry process. Applications following a medical withdrawal must be submitted no later than 45 days before the start of the semester, per University policy. Please contact Joseph Russell, Assistant Dean of Students for Retention, at 802-656-3380 for additional information.

Students wishing to apply for admission into a UVM degree program, or students who have been previously admitted and never attended, should contact Undergraduate Admissions at admissions@uvm.edu for guidance on future application and enrollment options.

Required fields are marked with an *.

IMPORTANT: If you are seeking to return from a medical withdrawal, you must complete the medical withdrawal re-entry process. Applications following medical withdrawal must be submitted no later than 45 days before the start of the semester, per University policy. Please contact Joseph Russell, Assistant Dean of Students for Retention, at 802-656-3380 for additional information.

Ex. In-State, Out-of-State, International
Please include area code.
E-mail Addresses
Confirmations of successful submissions will be sent to this address.
Ex. astudent@uvm.edu. Enter N/A if you do not remember your UVM email address.
If you were an Honors College Scholar in good standing during your previous enrollment, please be sure to alert the College of your plans regarding re-entry. The Honors College staff may be contacted at 802-656-9100 or Honors.College@uvm.edu.
Note: If you hold a bachelor’s degree from another higher education institution and have not been previously enrolled as an undergraduate degree student at the University of Vermont, you will need to apply as a transfer student.

If you are a F-1 or J-1 non-immigrant student, you must also request a new I-20 through the Office of International Education no later than July 1 for students returning in August and by December 1 for return in January..

These actions could include, but are not limited to: probation, suspension, removal, dismissal, or expulsion from the institution.
Note that you are not required to answer "yes" to this question, or provide an explanation if the criminal adjudication or conviction has been expunged, sealed, annulled, pardoned, destroyed, erased, impounded, or otherwise required by law or ordered by a court to be kept confidential.
Return Date/Year
College/School and Major for Re-entry
Consult the list of majors.
It may be helpful for us to contact the Student Services staff member to learn more about your academic history at the University.
Note: If you were dismissed when last enrolled, your application will not be processed. Dismissed students seeking re-entry must contact their college/school's Dean's Office.

We are interested in knowing about the nature of your departure from the University and how your leave has prepared you to return at this time. Please provide your response in the text box below.

If you have completed transfer credit, please describe any academic work you have undertaken during your absence in the text box below.

If you have taken classes since leaving UVM, you will need to send an official transcript to:

Registrar's Office
360 Waterman Building
Burlington, VT 05405


If you are re-enrolled, the decision affects only your ability to register for classes. This decision does not imply restoration of eligibility of financial aid (including student loans). Please consult Student Financial Services (802-656-5700) before making any plans to return to the University of Vermont.

If you are hoping to live on-campus, you should complete a housing request. You may also contact Residential Life at (802) 656-3434 or reslife@uvm.edu.

Signature Required:

I am requesting re-enrollment to the University of Vermont and realize that I am subject to the rules and regulations of the University. I certify that all of the information submitted by me or on my behalf is true and correct. I understand that this request cannot be processed unless all questions are answered and all requested information is submitted.

Ex. First Name, MI, Last Name
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
7 + 0 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.