Students at UVM are encouraged to seek outside scholarships to help with funding their education.
Here are outside scholarship resources for Vermont residents, underrepresented students, international students, medical students, and students studying abroad.
Scholarships for Underrepresented Students
UVM's Scholarship Resource Database for students who are underrepresented includes scholarship information for students who identify with the following groups: African American, Asian & Pacific Islander, Students with Disabilities, Latino/a, LGBTQ, Native American, and Women. Learn more.
Scholarship Resources for Vermont Residents
Vermont Student Assistance Corporation
- The Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC) provides grants, loans, scholarships, career and education planning, and general information about how you or your family members can pursue a high quality education.
Vermont Society of Engineers (VSE) Scholarship
- Students must be enrolled in an Engineering curriculum at the University of Vermont, Norwich University or Vermont Technical College.
- Students must have graduated (or will have graduated) from a Vermont high school and be in good academic standing.
- VSE Scholars are awarded a scholarship of $2,000 per year.
- Applications are available in March each year, and must be submitted to the Student Financial Services (SFS) office by April 30th. Selected students are notified in August.
- Applications are no longer being accepted for 19/20. The 20/21 application will be available in March 2020.
Balanced Man Scholarship
- See details in the Other Scholarships section below.
Scholarship Resources for International Students
Scholarship Resources for Medical Students
- Adirondack Community Trust
- AMA Foundation
- American Society of Hematology
- Charles River District Medical Society
- Financial Aid for Women
- Jan Egerton and Don Smitley Mesothelioma Scholarship
- Essex South District Medical Society
- Foundation for Seacoast Health
- Graduate Scholarships for Women
- Graduate Scholarships for Women in STEM
- National Medical Fellowships
- One Medical Group Scholarship
- Pisacano Leadership Foundation
- Dr. U.R. Plante Medical Scholarship
- Scholarships, Programs, and Organizations for Women in STEM
- U.S. News
- The White Coat Investor Scholarship
- Worcester District Medical Society
Scholarship Resources for Students Studying Abroad
Scholarship Search Websites
Balanced Man Scholarship
The Balanced Man Scholarship rewards undergraduate male-identifying students who have shown academic excellence, leadership skills, and a commitment to their health and well-being. SigEp believes in the ideals of a sound mind and sound body, and promotes these ideals by recognizing students who demonstrate balance and all-around excellence.
In addition to the $1,000 monetary prize (to one select student), the Balanced Man Scholarship finalist has the opportunity to be recognized for their achievements and interact with a community of highly-talented students.
Apply for the Balanced Man Scholarship here. The application takes approximately 15 minutes to complete, and the deadline to apply is September 17, 2019. Balanced Man Scholarship applicants have no obligation to show interest in or affiliate with SigEp.
The Federal Trade Commission asks students and their families to take caution when using seeking outside scholarships through search companies. Unscrupulous companies guarantee that they can get scholarships on behalf of students in exchange for an advance fee. Learn more here.