Students at UVM are encouraged to seek external scholarships to help with funding their education.
Here are external scholarship resources for Vermont residents, underrepresented students, international students, medical students, and students studying abroad.
Scholarships for Underrepresented Students
UVM's Scholarship Resource Database for students who are underrepresented includes scholarship information for students who identify with the following groups: African American, Asian & Pacific Islander, Students with Disabilities, Latino/a, LGBTQ, Native American, and Women. Learn more.
Scholarship Resources for Vermont Residents
Vermont Student Assistance Corporation
- The Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC) provides grants, loans, scholarships, career and education planning, and general information about how you or your family members can pursue a high quality education. Visit www.vsac.org.
Vermont Society of Engineers (VSE) Scholarship
- Students must be enrolled in an Engineering curriculum at the University of Vermont, Norwich University or Vermont Technical College.
- Students must have graduated (or will have graduated) from a Vermont high school and be in good academic standing.
- VSE Scholars are awarded a scholarship of $2,000 per year.
- Applications are available in March each year, and must be submitted to the Student Financial Services (SFS) office by April 30th. Selected students are notified in August.
- Download the VSE Application and Information Release Form (PDF) or pick one up in the office of Student Financial Services.
Scholarship Resources for International Students
Scholarship Resources for Medical Students
- U.S. News
- Adirondack Community Trust
- AMA Foundation
- American Society of Hematology
- Charles River District Medical Society
- Essex South District Medical Society
- One Medical Group Scholarship
- Pisacano Leadership Foundation
- Worcester District Medical Society
- Foundation for Seacoast Health
- Jan Egerton and Don Smitley Mesothelioma Scholarship
- The White Coat Investor Scholarship
- Dr. U.R. Plante Medical Scholarship
Scholarship Resources for Students Studying Abroad
The Federal Trade Commission asks students and their families to take caution when using seeking outside scholarships through search companies. Unscrupulous companies guarantee that they can get scholarships on behalf of students in exchange for an advance fee. Learn more here.