Pass/No Pass Policy for Spring 2020

Important Information for RSENR Students Considering P/NP

We hope you and your families are safe and well. By now I hope you have reviewed Provost Prelock’s message regarding Academic Accommodations established for the Spring 2020 semester only. Below are a few highlights.

  • Students will have the option to elect Pass/No Pass (S/U for graduate students) by May 14 at noon EDT. This means you can view your final grades before requesting a Pass/No Pass. You may submit your requests online beginning April 15.
  • Students are responsible for understanding the implications of a decision to move to Pass/No Pass for any courses. We encourage you talk with your Faculty Advisor and the RSENR Student Services staff about these and other academic accommodations.
  • For scholarships impacted by GPA, a one-time allowance will be made as follows. The cumulative GPA (calculated based on Pass/No Pass decisions) will be evaluated for each student at the end of the Spring 2020 term. For students who fall below a 3.0 cumulative GPA at that time, the Spring 2020 term GPA will be removed and the cumulative GPA recalculated without it. If the recalculated cumulative GPA is a 3.0 or higher, the student will maintain scholarship eligibility. For all future reviews, the Spring 2020 GPA will be included.
  • Please contact UVM Student Financial Services directly if you have any questions about possible implications to financial aid and scholarship.
  • As of Fall 2020, the new course repeat policy allows you to retake a UVM class; your new grade will replace your old grade in your GPA calculation and an R will cover the old grade.

Support Resources:
For emotional and mental health support, please contact UVM Counseling and Psychiatry Services at (802) 656-3340.
If you experiencing financial hardship, please contact UVM Student Financial Services (802) 656-5700 or send an email.
For a comprehensive list of services at this time visit the UVM covid-19 emergency pages.

Assistance with Website Accessibility

For questions regarding accessibility to this decision tree or to notify the University regarding information or functionality that is currently inaccessible, contact the ADA/504 Coordinator.

Back to FAQs