**Download the form for the appropriate academic year and submit with required documentation.**
Along with the Financial Aid Budget Adjustment Request for Computer Purchase form, students will need to submit cost documentation based on the following options:
- Itemized receipt or bill of sale documenting computer purchase date and price or;
- Itemized contract for computer purchase or;
- A dated, itemized, and signed estimate of the computer systems costs from a reputable vendor.
Please note the following:
- The maximum increase is $2,500 or the costs of your computer system, whichever is less.
- Costs for CPU, monitor, printer, and other reasonable hardware/software will be considered.
- Completion of this form is only a request to increase your financial aid budget. Submission of this form will not result in additional grant/scholarship aid. SFS will notify you of any increased loan eligibility through your financial aid award (not all students will be eligible for additional Federal loan funding).
- Submit your request as soon as possible. Federal Direct loans may not be originated after enrollment falls below half time or at the end of the loan period, whichever is earlier.
- Unless you document extenuating circumstances and financial hardship, your request will not be granted if your budget was increased in a prior academic year for a computer purchase, or if the request is received during your final semester at UVM.