A scientist who develops multimedia computer tools that make learning about food and nutrition easy and fun, Stephen Pintauro is the NFS Department`s resident tech expert.
- Pintauro SJ, Krahl A, Buzzell P, Chamberlain V. (2005). Food Safety and Regulation: Evaluation of an Online Multimedia Course. J Food Sci Educ 4(4):66-69.
- Harvey-Berino, J., Pintauro, S., Buzzell, P., and Gold, E.C.. (2004). Effect of Internet Support on the Long-Term Maintenance of Weight Loss. Obesity Research. 12(2):320-329.
- Harvey-Berino, J, Pintauro, S, Buzzell, P, DiGiulio, M, Casey Gold, B, Moldovan, C, Ramirez, E. (2002). Does Using the Internet Facilitate the Maintenance of Weight Loss? Int. J. Obesity. 26:1254-1260
- Buzzell, P.R., Chamberlain, V., and Pintauro, S.J. (2002). The Effectiveness of Web-Based, Multimedia Tutorials for Teaching Methods of Human Body Composition Analysis. Adv. Physiol. Educ. 26:21-29.
- Harvey-Berino J, Pintauro SJ, Gold BC. (2002) The Feasibility of Using Internet Support for the Maintenance of Weight Loss. Behavior Modification, 26(1):103-116.
Associations and Affiliations
- American Society for Nutrition
- Institute of Food Technologists (professional member)
Areas of Expertise and/or Research
Information technology in teaching and research applications
- PhD, Food Science Technology, University of Rhode Island, 1981
- MS, Nutritional Biochemistry, University of Rhode Island, 1978
- BS, Zoologgy, University of Rhode Island, 1974
230 Marsh Life Science