Continuing Education (undergraduate path #1)
Complete pre-registration form as a Continuing Education non-degree student, and meet with a CE academic advisor to choose courses and consider degree programs to apply to
- Best if you don’t have the best high school grades, don’t meet all minimum entrance requirements (example - didn’t take Algebra II in high school), or missed an application deadline for a degree program (below)
- Work with a CE advisor to choose courses that will ultimately transfer into your degree program
- Apply as a transfer degree student using the Common Application (Path 2 below) after 1-2 academic semesters (Fall or Spring)
- GI Bill limits you to 2 non-degree semesters, or 2 different start and end dates. It is not advised to take summer courses, but rather to focus on 12 credits per Fall or Spring and then apply as a transfer degree student.
Transfer Degree (undergraduate path #2)
Apply directly as a degree student using the Coalition Application (all Veterans apply as transfer degree students)
- Best if you have previous college experience with a good GPA, have no college experience but good high school grades, meet minimum entrance requirements, and know what program you want to apply to
- No SAT/ACT required for transfer veterans
- Credit from Joint Services Transcript / military service may be transferred into program based on UVM transfer credit guidelines (generally it will be elective credit)
- Can start in Fall (August), Spring (January) terms
The University of Vermont is one of the nation's premier small research universities — a major research enterprise on a human scale. UVM's Graduate College offers over 70 programs that include certificates, professional programs, online degrees, and more.
Larner College of Medicine
We uphold a longstanding commitment to excellence in teaching, education, technology and research. Our focus ranges from population heath – spanning rural primary care to global health – to opportunities for academic and research innovation. We deliver a medical education that is truly second to none.