Internal Transfer Criteria
While minimum requirements for internal transfers vary by program, each internal transfer to RSENR must meet the following criteria:
- Have been admitted to UVM and have not yet matriculated, meaning they are an incoming First Year student. They wish to switch from their current unit to RSENR prior to their arrival on campus
- Are a current UVM student with First Year or Sophomore standing
- Current students cannot have any incompletes (INC’s) or missing (M) grades
- Current students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher and have completed at least 12 credits at UVM.
All applicants must have a demonstrated understanding of their selected major and be able to articulate how their academic and professional goals align with that program.
To apply to transfer into RSENR from another unit at UVM please fill out the online Internal Transfer Application Form.
The Rubenstein School has two internal transfer decision deadlines each semester:
- In the fall the first decision deadline is October 14, 2022 for applicants whose completed work at UVM to date meets the Rubenstein internal admission requirements. The second deadline is at the end of the semester for applicants whose final grades need to be reviewed before the committee makes a decision.
- In the spring the first decision deadline is March 3, 2023 for applicants whose completed work at UVM to date meets the Rubenstein internal admission requirements. The second deadline is at the end of the semester for applicants whose final grades need to be reviewed before the committee makes a decision.
Transferring out of RSENR
Current Rubenstein School students interested in pursuing a major outside of RSENR should contact the college or school they are interested in transferring into as each college and school has its own process for administering transfers.
Changing Majors within RSENR
Current Rubenstein School students interested in changing their major within RSENR should talk to their advisor about the major they are interested in. They should also consider meeting with the Program Director for the major before finalizing their decision. To submit a change of major request, complete and submit the online Registrar Form.